SpyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody !

The first thing I'll say is that i'm a total n00b ! At Romhacking and at English ! So excuse me for stupid questions and other things. If you're able to speak french, just do it
rolleyes.gif

I know how to use these Softwares : DSlazy (to extract files from a rom), Command Line (Is it a real soft ?) and I know how to make patches.

But I want to know how to extract images, texts, sounds of a NDS Rom.
I have to make my own software but I don't know how !

The french people who read my message know "Le site du Zéro". This website teach how to create a website with PHP/XHTML without any knowledges. If you can explain me how to extract the files as good as this website you will be my Suprem God and Master.

Thanks !

PS Pour les Français dans notre si belle langue française :

En gros je suis un nul dans ce domaine et je nage (ou patauge)
yaynds.gif

Si vous aviez l'extrême obligence de me répondre en français, je vous offrirai un magnifique sandwich à la dinde ! Merci à tous !

D

Deleted User

almost all games are different, and you won't go really far using existing tools.
And no, an hex editor is not the most helpful thing for you. I don't know what people are thinking when they always recommend hex editors. It's good for what it can do, but it's really too generic for romhacking purposes. You'd be better off with a tile explorer supporting nds file formats and compression schemes. Read FAST's posts to get an heads up on this.

SpyMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
deufeufeu said:
almost all games are different, and you won't go really far using existing tools.
And no, an hex editor is not the most helpful thing for you. I don't know what people are thinking when they always recommend hex editors. It's good for what it can do, but it's really too generic for romhacking purposes. You'd be better off with a tile explorer supporting nds file formats and compression schemes. Read FAST's posts to get an heads up on this.

I've read his post but I didn't understand everything especially about using the tile editor ! I've got Crystal Tile and I've open a *.nds rom. Does the tiles work as a puzzle ?

Thanks
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)