Hacking I'm A Noob Who Needs Help With His Acekard 2i! With Updating T

dislon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, I have a few questions, some of which (if not all) are clearly indicative of someone who has zero familiarity of flash cards and the scene in general. I've looked for answers all over the place, but have had zero luck for a variety of reasons. Mostly because I have no idea what everyone is talking about half the time... it's as simple as that, so apologizes for being a dumbass. Hey, at least I owe to it!

Anyhow, if someone, ANYONE, could just humor me, I would be eternally grateful! Alright, here goes:

1. Just got a Acekard 2i from GameByGame, one of the affiliates listed on this very site. Right off the back, there might be a problem; my cart does not have a raised center like it's shown in the GBAtemp's review...

http://gbatemp.net/images/reviews/ak2i/ak2i_6.jpg

... Did I get a bootleg? Or are they manufactured differently these days? I figured that GameByGame is a trusted source... the packaging itself seems totally legit. Well, for something like this.

Perhaps it needs to be pointed out that mine is spring-loaded. I get the sense that the first run was not? Also, I have NO idea how to tell if my card is a 44 or 81. How can I find out? It's actually driving me nuts!

2. Anyway, I chose to buy from GameByGame because I somehow assumed that their Acekards would be pre-patched for the 1.4 firmware on the DSi (in fact, I could have sworn it was stated on the site, hence why I went with them). But I was wrong it would seem.

After trying both the official version of the software from the Acekard site, 1.4, and trying the new AKAIO 1.5 OS, and each time I got a message: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to..." perhaps most of you know the rest. Each time I also fired the card up in my DS Lite, and each time it worked. So obviously, the card's firmware needs to be updated, right?

3. Back at the Acekard download page I got something called OsUp... placed both the folder named "OsUp" and a filed with the name "OsUp.nds". According to the read me file, I'm supposed to simply place both items in the root of my card, place that in the Acekard, place it in the DSi, hit run and follow the steps. But once again, that same error message!

... Again, I have looked everywhere, from various forum threads to YouTube tutorials, and can't find anything. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks! BTW, would I be able to run the OsUp program on my DS Lite? For some reason, I recall someone on some forum thread saying that it wouldn't work/might possible brick my Lite. Sounds kinda far-fetched, but since I'm new to all this...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the Acekards dont come up with bump in front anymore they used to...also since your firmware on DSi is already 1.4 you will have to have a DS,DSlite or DSi with less then 1.4 firmware to update your acekard for 1.4 firmware...

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
you get a DS Lite and update the main core system with the DSi 1.4 fix. AKAIO 1.5 is good to go once you fully updated your Acekard 2i's MAIN SYSTEM.

WHat the hell is a OSup? Never heard of it and im fine with AKAIO 1.5

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow I just had to say nice first post. You put effort into finding your own answers, you used proper english and sentence structure, you gave plenty of info on what you had already done and what you need fixed, and you were polite about it. May all GBAtemp noobs follow your sterling example.

dislon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Wow I just had to say nice first post. You put effort into finding your own answers, you used proper english and sentence structure, you gave plenty of info on what you had already done and what you need fixed, and you were polite about it. May all GBAtemp noobs follow your sterling example.

Thanks! It's nice for someone to notice and appreciate the minute amount of effort I'm trying to put forth. No offense to some of the other folks around here, but it just seems like many choose to address others in a mildly asperger/tourettes-like fashion for whatever reason. Anyhow, moving on...

QUOTE(syko5150 @ Sep 24 2009, 06:10 AM) the Acekards dont come up with bump in front anymore they used to...also since your firmware on DSi is already 1.4 you will have to have a DS,DSlite or DSi with less then 1.4 firmware to update your acekard for 1.4 firmware...

Cool, thanks for the clarification. My primary fear was that I got a knock-off, so that's over with. And with the news that the Lite was actually part of my solution, I ran the firmware update file that I stumbled across via the Lite, and now the card works on my DSi! Thanks for everyone's help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1