Hacking Im a noob. My bootloader gx boots me back to the homebrew channel after i start a game.

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so im a total noob and it took me two days to get the games to show up on my console usb loader gx. I know this has been asked before but i would like help with my own unique situation thanks.
So anyways heres the problem, i got the files named and they finally showed up on my wii but when i click on wii sports, my game file, it has no cover and i start it and it just boots me back to the homebrew menu. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You didn't softmod correctly/fully and are probably missing cios249. Solution: try using ModMii, run the main wizard and tell it your wii has never been modded before even if it has (its safe to repeat/reinstall things). Alternatively, use Modmii's syscheck updater wizard to have it direct you on how to best update JUST your softmods that are outdated or missing

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay im dumb so bear with me. So i downloaded modmii and im about to go through the wizard. Do I have to put anything on my sd or usb drives.

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried plugging the USB in the other port ?
yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes

so im on modmii the first screen that pops up gives me some options, these are: modmii wizard/guide, abstinence wizard, usb loader and set up guide, hack mii solution, region change + guide. Which one do i click.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The first one, ModMii Wizard, aka the main Modmii Wizard (it literally says "start here to mod your wii")

Follow the prompts, and it will build u a custom guide to follow that you can read as ModMii proceeds to grab the necessary files you will need to put on your sd card (and/or usb hard drive depending on what you told modmii)

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one, ModMii Wizard, aka the main Modmii Wizard (it literally says "start here to mod your wii")

Follow the prompts, and it will build u a custom guide to follow that you can read as ModMii proceeds to grab the necessary files you will need to put on your sd card (and/or usb hard drive depending on what you told modmii)

My wii already has home brew and a bunch of tools. Is this gonna put a new home brew on my wii and make me have to reinstall all of my home brew apps. So I’m a little bit into the modmii and i chose discless i hope that’s rite now they want my MAC address. Like i said i already have home brew, i dont want to reinstall it.modmiis not working anyone else have any other ideas

Last edited by Darkmagician1994,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just proceed with the guide, modmii is working just fine, it's you who isn't following directions and/or have decided you don't want to repeat steps (even though I suggested an alternative which doesn't involve repeating steps, more on this later). If you think you know what you're doing, which clearly you don't but w.e, you can launch the wizard, and answer the questions honestly (i.e. Tell it that it isn't your first time modding your wii) this way when asked if you want to install/update the HBC and bootmii you can say no.... or, you know, just do what I said originally and skip the step when you get to it. Guaranteed if you go down the road of answering honestly u will have more questions and probably won't feel comfortable proceeding.

So, maybe I talked some sense into you and you are prepared to proceed with the modmii wizard as if your wii was a virgin... remember when I said it was fine to repeat steps? Enter any Mac address, doesn't have to be your own if you are too lazy to check it, (or select any disc based exploit instead of wilbrand, doesn't matter since u don't need an exploit given your circumstances), then, when following your guide, read and follow the note that says if you already have the hbc installed, you can use it to launch the hackmii installer instead of an exploit (or skip the step entirely if you think you know best and are confident you are running the latest HBC using IOS58, it literally takes less than 2 minutes to run the hackmii installer and update the HBC and bootmii)

If it's too much for you, you can use modmii's syscheck updater, in which case it will detect what mods are already in place so you don't have to repeat any steps (as I stated originally before you complained about repeating steps, I guess u didn't read my advice too carefully did you?). Mind you, you could have finished 10 times over by now even with repeating steps, but fine, you don't want to reinstall the homebrew channel, don't, use the syscheck updater. Btw, just because u have the HBC installed doesn't mean it's the latest version or running off of IOS58, so you may end up reinstalling it anyway.

If this is too much for u, then honestly any guide is probably too much for you and you should just give up or find someone else who can help you follow directions. But if you truly believe you can handle this but don't like modmii, that's cool, use wii.guide

Good luck and peace out

Edit: when you reinstall or update the hbc you won't lose any of your current homebrew apps. Those are not installed directly to console and are saved to and loaded from sd:\apps or usb:\apps

Edit2: I rarely lose my cool, somehow you got under my skin a bit, don't take it personally, I'm already over it

Last edited by XFlak,

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modmiis not working anyone else h
Just proceed with the guide, modmii is working just fine, it's you who isn't following directions and/or have decided you don't want to repeat steps (even though I suggested an alternative which doesn't involve repeating steps, more on this later). If you think you know what you're doing, which clearly you don't but w.e, you can launch the wizard, and answer the questions honestly (i.e. Tell it that it isn't your first time modding your wii) this way when asked if you want to install/update the HBC and bootmii you can say no.... or, you know, just do what I said originally and skip the step when you get to it. Guaranteed if you go down the road of answering honestly u will have more questions and probably won't feel comfortable proceeding.

So, maybe I talked some sense into you and you are prepared to proceed with the modmii wizard as if your wii was a virgin... remember when I said it was fine to repeat steps? Enter any Mac address, doesn't have to be your own if you are too lazy to check it, (or select any disc based exploit instead of wilbrand, doesn't matter since u don't need an exploit given your circumstances), then, when following your guide, read and follow the note that says if you already have the hbc installed, you can use it to launch the hackmii installer instead of an exploit (or skip the step entirely if you think you know best and are confident you are running the latest HBC using IOS58, it literally takes less than 2 minutes to run the hackmii installer and update the HBC and bootmii)

If it's too much for you, you can use modmii's syscheck updater, in which case it will detect what mods are already in place so you don't have to repeat any steps (as I stated originally before you complained about repeating steps, I guess u didn't read my advice too carefully did you?). Mind you, you could have finished 10 times over by now even with repeating steps, but fine, you don't want to reinstall the homebrew channel, don't, use the syscheck updater. Btw, just because u have the HBC installed doesn't mean it's the latest version or running off of IOS58, so you may end up reinstalling it anyway.

If this is too much for u, then honestly any guide is probably too much for you and you should just give up or find someone else who can help you follow directions. But if you truly believe you can handle this but don't like modmii, that's cool, use wii.guide

Good luck and peace out

Edit: when you reinstall or update the hbc you won't lose any of your current homebrew apps. Those are not installed directly to console and are saved to and loaded from sd:\apps or usb:\apps

Edit2: I rarely lose my cool, somehow you got under my skin a bit, don't take it personally, I'm already over it

Listen I’m a noob dont take my stupidity personal lol. I really appreciate the post. I wanted to try a few things first to make sure there wasn’t a quick fix. Like i said I’m sorry that i rubbed you the wrong way. Now that all other things that have tried haven’t worked I’m ready to try mod mii. And while i try it I may have questions. So please keep offering me your kind replies so that we both can figure this out together. This is a big my bad but i just saw your solution as complicated and wanted a quick fix. Thx

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Please stop saying Modmii's not working unless it really isn't. I don't think you meant to write that a second time above my quote, but still.

I'll still help if I'm online, but if not me then someone else in these forums will definitely help u with modmii or whatever else you need here.

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay heres the update my bootmii doesnt work i tried
IOS236 installer v5 and still it doesnt play the game. Just black screen and back to the menu. Any ideas. Do you think i should just start from scratch with the modmii loader and reinstall home brew and see what happens then??

Last edited by Darkmagician1994,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Isn't that what you supposedly just did?

Your description is so poor I don't know where to begin.

First, when you describe what you did, literally all you said was ios236 installer v5 and you got a blackscreen when you tried launching a game (presumably from a usb loader). If this is all you did, then I'm not surprised games don't work for u. There are plenty of other steps, like installing wads, which will install IOS249, among other things, which is required for most USB loaders.

You also say bootmii doesn't work, but then u don't say anything else related to the hackmii installer, the homebrew channel, or bootmii. When you say bootmii doesn't work, I'm guessing you are referring to something else entirely.

So, as previously suggested, run modmii's main wizard, answer the questions as if your wii is a virgin. When your custom guide is generated, follow every single step, don't skip anything (or follow alternate instructions as per your modmii guide as described in an earlier post above). If you have problems, I expect you to refer to a specific step in the guide and what went wrong in that step.

If you don't want to use modmii, cool, you can use wii.guide instead.

If you are confident you completed the process successfully and still have problems, your next post should also include a Syscheck as described here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay heres the update my bootmii doesnt work i tried
IOS236 installer v5 and still it doesnt play the game. Just black screen and back to the menu. Any ideas. Do you think i should just start from scratch with the modmii loader and reinstall home brew and see what happens then??
Hello,

XFlak is here to educate you and put you on the right track to make it work properly with your console.

Yes as XFlak suggests, posting a syscheck report, it will tell us exactly what you are missing from your syscheck report, then we will advise what you need to do to get your console to work properly.
we are here to help you, and all this in friendship :grog::yay:

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: XFlak and godreborn

Darkmagician1994

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 41664023
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 69 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 11/17/2020.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will have any effect, but you might want version 8-final for your cios. that's supposed to be the best one for the original wii. version 10 is for the virtual wii, but it probably still works. I'm still using version 6. :P

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

For the syscheck report, I'll let @XFlak review your report.

a small question comes to mind:

What is your USB media ???
And in what format is it ??

I hope you don't use a USB key ....... ohohohoh No
usb keys are not recommended with wii.

Prefer an "" external hard drive "" in FAT 32 and everything will be fine

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
D2x V10beta52 is actually pretty much the same as v8-final

Some games require base 57 ios, and he's got that installed to slot 250 as a backup. These days I prefer base 57 to slot 249 so it's my primary cios. Base 56 doesn't really have any benefits over base 57 afaik

It's very clear you did not use modmii according to your syscheck, but for most part everything should be working. You don't have a patched system menu IOS80 but that isn't really needed for most things.

Edit: you also don't have hermes cios's installed to slots 222,223 and 224, but not really necessary if u have d2x. And you're missing modmii's extra brick protection in the form of a patched system menu ios60 into all your other unused system menu ios slots, instead they are stubbed. But so long as u don't guess at changing firmwares you should be fine.

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all