Tekkin88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's this girl in my school. I used to like her last year but not anymore. Anyways, there's this guy in my school.(Interesting so far, right?) They start liking each other. Now, I know this girl a bit. She's the same religion as me and she knows that we're only supposed to marry within the same religion and stuff(That includes dating and matters like that.). And last year, her dad found out and broke them up. Now, they're back together again. I don't really know what to say, I mean, it's the kind of thing where everybody in school knows what's going on except for the parents. At first, I was thinking 'I hope she knows what she's doing.'

Now, everybody's seeing them making out behind buildings, stuff like that. Now all I'm thinking is, 'Why did I like her?' Seriously, it has totally eluded me as to what I saw in her. And that guy she likes, I do not like him at all. He's very, idiot jock type. I also don't like how he swears. Although, I'm the only person who seems not to swear in my school.

Just needed to say that. If you have any opinions at all, say it.

>w

Tekkin88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's the thing. It's hard not to just leave it. She always asks my friends to go on a walk with her so they can talk. All but me. Then I end up eating lunch by myself. I'm pretty much a wimp huh?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tekkin88 said:
'Why did I like her?'

There is something about her that no matter what always made you inclined to her.

May sound strange, but mind sharing your age? It's not that i doubt your story, its just that ones age can influence his perceptinons about "love" in such a situation.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Tekkin88 said:
Well, that's the thing. It's hard not to just leave it. She always asks my friends to go on a walk with her so they can talk. All but me. Then I end up eating lunch by myself. I'm pretty much a wimp huh?
You don't always have to be around with those friends though and not when she asks them to be with her, it's p. spineless of them if they do that. They wont always be following around with her all the time, find somewhere you could go at lunch and do stuff or also find some other people that are p. cool to hang out with but don't ditch your current friends.

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ca_michelbach said:
Tekkin88 said:
She's the same religion as me...

That's where I lost interest, and perhaps her parents should stop interfeering with her life, stop forcing their views on her and let her live her own life. IMO.
That's where I lost interest in everyone involved in this story. It's a no-brainer. Whenever religion is involved, it just makes people miserable, obnoxious and dumb.

Tekkin88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flusflus89 said:
ca_michelbach said:
Tekkin88 said:
She's the same religion as me...

That's where I lost interest, and perhaps her parents should stop interfeering with her life, stop forcing their views on her and let her live her own life. IMO.
That's where I lost interest in everyone involved in this story. It's a no-brainer. Whenever religion is involved, it just makes people miserable, obnoxious and dumb.

Then am I right to assume both of you don't have religious views?

@Maz: You can guess.
tongue.gif

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have religous views but I do have principles...for examples being non-dogmatic. Maybe her parents should try it sometime.

By being non-dogmatic I'm not saying your religion is wrong, and if someone shows me proof I would be more inclined to follow a religion. But I'm not going to fall for, "We are right! God says so!"

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Religion is not about proof. It's about believing things that other people wouldn't, and it's about faith. Even if it's not true, at least it helps influence people's behavior and their lives because they have something to believe in.

Even if you count religion out of it, don't parents have a say anymore? It may be unreasonable, but whatever happened to respect?

What can I say.. Good on you, Tekkin88. But please get a better group of friends who won't ditch you over some girl.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a religious view but, i am tolerant, tolerance, an ability which a lot of conservative religious people don't have. i would not blame other peoples way of view, especialy not if it includes religious thoughts, so do you blame this girlfriend* of yours because of religion? or because you just care a lil bit about her? no one have the right to judge over other peoples religion, though he don't agree with it. to your friends, humans make errors, its nature.
do not ditch them because of that :-/

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Just think its stupid to let religious views determine who you should and shouldnt date.

I dont have religious views because i enjoy my life and prefer to live i without constraints coming from a person who there's no proof of being real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1