Homebrew I'm a bit afraid so, a question: Is arm9loaderhax a must?

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, it's really fun!

(except when I got a firm0/1 mismatch error and the guide said I could brick if I did anything wrong at this point and I nearly had a heart attack tbh)
Both times installing a9lh went flawless for me. I think if you have a quality sd card, you shouldn't run into any problems at all. I don't know why but staring at those percentages while they go to 100% is scary but feels good at the same time, like going on a rollercoaster :D

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Both times installing a9lh went flawless for me. I think if you have a quality sd card, you shouldn't run into any problems at all. I don't know why but staring at those percentages while they go to 100% is scary but feels good at the same time, like going on a rollercoaster :D
Well, the firm0/1 mismatch problem is NAND related, and on my second install OTPHelper detected false positives. Everything went fine in the end, but I guess I wasn't lucky.

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have n3DS.
The only thing riskier for n3ds is you can't toggle wifi in 2.1 and that you need to unbrick emunand 2.1 before downgrading. But now otphelper automatically does this for you, so it's really not any riskier than o3ds at all. I can say this because i set up my n3ds xl first, then o3ds afterwards.

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

Wander's Hat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been in a similar position, weirdly after I had already installed A9LH on my o3DS. I had recently acquired a n3DS and since it was on 9.9, I decided to do some hax on it. I wanted to do A9LH, due to menuhax + emuNAND being very unstable, but the risk was making me uneasy so I decided to post about it here on GBATemp.
Eventually I bit the bullet and set it up (using Plai's tutorial) and my n3DS was running on A9LH. It was a ride, but it was worth it for the benefits it had.

I will admit though, it's not for people who are really scared of breaking their 3DS even the slightest. When I downgraded to 9.2 from 9.9, I got a black screen error (An error has occurred...) and I was on a partial downgrade. I had to update to 10.7 and then back down, but I actually thought I was a goner. Each time it told me to restart, I was crossing my fingers hoping it'd work. It did, however that nagging fear that I was going to brick my console (even with a tutorial as well-tested as Plai's) took a toll on me.

If you're not experienced in 3DS hacking, don't feel pressured to do it. Only do it if you want reliable ARM9 access and reliable patched NAND booting, and you feel like biting the bullet/you're okay with tampering with the sysNAND. The results are great, if not amazing, but you need to think about whether the work to get there is worth it to you.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i know that here are some people who are making hardmod services is here someone who can make it for a9lh too? (i cant stay so long on pc because after an hour my eyes are hurting)

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

Menuhax boot rate varies from 3DS to 3DS, and can be improved further by using lesshax (should be 90-95%+ with lesshax)
And good point about the Margen67 calling you a peasant thing. That's a valid concern.
Right you are..

filthy Menuhax peasant.

>90%

Last edited by Margen67,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Installed it six or seven times already on o3DSes. Will install it over next weekend on an n3DS.

My original cosmos black 3DS was giving me a conniption fit and I ended up formatting it with the big red button and everything worked. I did the downgrade about 3 times and emunand kept on glitching out (I couldn't go into system settings without the system looping).

Honestly, the most tedious part of it is waiting for everything to work - just waiting for things to be written to the NAND and the sd card. It is dead frustrating to watch...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i know that here are some people who are making hardmod services is here someone who can make it for a9lh too? (i cant stay so long on pc because after an hour my eyes are hurting)
I could do it for you for free, under the condition that I will not assume any responsibility if something goes wrong.
Could something go wrong? Of course.
And I don't want to get stressed if that happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F