Hacking Im 99% Sure I Want A CycloEvo DS

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Support is the main thing that is going to make my purchase choice on one of these slot 1 DS cards. I was wondering how often the CycloDS team updates the card and if it seems that they will continue to support the card in the future.

Does most homebrew work on the CycloDS? I wonder this because since the R4 is most popular does that cause problems for homebrew apps on any other card?

And last but not least is there some GBATemp recommended place for me to buy a CycloDS?

ryuujin2788

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I know about CycloDS is that they are one of the few, if not the only, American based company to produce these. Therefore, support is suppose to be top-notch, according to my friend who uses his. I'm still waiting my for my M3 to die before I get one, though.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mod-chip.com was a bad decision, and the cyclods is a great cart which barely even needs updates, this isnt some crappy cart like the r4 that requires an update every few days to keep new roms workin, and its auto dldi so all homebrew should work w/o problem, unless its not dldi

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I think I'm getting it from mod-chip.com because of their ratings. Now what memory cards should I get for it so that I don't get any memory related issues (because that seems to be a big problem with most cards) I'm looking at around 2-4 gb cards.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look through the threads in this forum and you will see plenty of threads about cards. The a-data cards from newegg seem to be a great deal, the thread about ten threads down or so should give you a link and it's pretty damn cheap! Otherwise the japanese kingston cards seem to be a good bet.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I know about CycloDS is that they are one of the few, if not the only, American based company to produce these. Therefore, support is suppose to be top-notch, according to my friend who uses his. I'm still waiting my for my M3 to die before I get one, though.
They're American based? Where'd you get this? If I had to guess I would've said English or Australian myself...

BTW: ALL homebrew that I've tried on the Evolution that uses DLDI has worked v. for expample, my SCDS1 in which dslinux only sort of works(browsers fail to run, locking up the DS). Other than that the SCDS1 also runs everything, now that they've fixed their DLDI.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Eaven if cycloteam is greatly supporting they cyclods evo for slot 1 they abandoned users of cyclods for slot 2 (no firmware upgrades for ages).

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Supercard for example still suppord they "old stuff". In my opinion if they ever will make successor of evo they will stop supporting evo too.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercard for example still suppord they "old stuff". In my opinion if they ever will make succesor of evo they will stop supporting evo too
smile.gif

and thats ok for me. its not that a new card is THAT expensive that its something to worry about.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, you're pretty much asking people to predict, whether Cyclo will support their card for an unknown amount of time into the future?
My crystal ball says "Ask Again Later"
POS. I wish i could still get updates for this thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1