I'm 3li

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 3li, Nov 8, 2004.

Nov 8, 2004

I'm 3li by 3li at 8:49 PM (1,319 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. 3li
    OP

Newcomer 3li Member

Canada
    hi, I'm new here, my name is 3li. you guys seem pretty friendly, and I haven't seen any flaming, so I decided to come and spice things up a bit! Just kidding.

I use a G6 Flash cart, and it's been serving my real nice. Right now I have gta, kuru Paradise and Advance wars on it.

I'm a big Nes collector, I have 130+ games in my collection (real carts of the nes games, not roms) and I love putting nes games on my gba.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know some of you guys!

2. Quantum

Member Quantum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Welcome to GBATemp and we hope you enjoy your stay!

130+ NES games? O_O How much did it cost total?

3. Puck The Joker

Banned Puck The Joker Puck, The Arrogant Phuck

Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay. Make sure you read the rules in the Announcement Section.

Then you definitely haven't read any of the topics on this board. [​IMG]

4. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Welcome to the community 3li! It's a great place to be, there are a lot of interesting people hanging around for both help and fun. [​IMG]

Great to see another Canadian poking around here too, we're rather outnumbered.. [​IMG]

5. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    Now now Puck, don't scare away the newcomer like that... you should give him examples and links! [​IMG]

Seriously though, welcome to the board, 130+ NES games? [​IMG]
    I liked the NES era too but...wow...

MUAHAHAHA, while you're reading this my team of spies have pillaged your room clean! >=D

6. Dark[Devil]

Member Dark[Devil] `^^`

United States
    Hey, lol 130 NES games does sound like alot..neat!

7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You haven't seen any flaming huh?
    Well I'll change that right now. [​IMG]
    JK have fun here man! [​IMG]

8. mynimal

Member mynimal Kyoji sux.

It's not THAT bad.

Motherpucker.

[​IMG]

Welcome to the forum, 3li.

9. *Anubis*

Member *Anubis* GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Welcome!

Nice collection!

I collect Genesis and N64 roms only, but if I got a nice deal, will get NES and SNES.

10. 3li
    OP

Newcomer 3li Member

Canada
    I have no idea how much all my nes games costed. I really don't want to know, caues I probably wasted way too much money.

If anyone here knows anything about nes collecting, the highlights in my collection are: maxi 15, tengen tetris, pro sport hockey, and TMNT tournment fighters

11. Lily

Canada
    Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I used to collect both NES and SNES hardware, and I don't want to think about all the money I wasted doing it. I had over 700 SNES carts, every accessory and weird third party hardware..and for the NES I had approx 400 carts, and just about every accessory I could get my hands on. I finally gave it all up, because they were just showpieces, I never really played them after a while. Plus, it was a weight off my shoulders to get all of that space back!!

Nice show on the Tengen Tetris..I got mine for 15 cents at a flea market - brand new, never been opened. I was practically bouncing off the walls, 15 cents! If you want a real challenge, try finding a copy of the Nintendo World Championship cartridge -> or an even harder challenge, find a gold one. I won't tell you how much I paid for mine, but selling it practically payed my way through university. [​IMG]

12. 3li
    OP

Newcomer 3li Member

Canada
    no way! you had a gold one!?!?!?

I doubt there's a single copy of that game in Canada, but I would obviously buy it if I ever saw it.

13. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    I saw a gold one on ebay a few months back (UK seller)... it went for something like a bit over £1000 (say $2600CAD'ish)...

15 cents for Tengen Tetris... *cries*. *Sigh* and I thought I was getting a good deal buying boxed Speccys, GBAs, G&Ws and Saturn machines among other consoles for only £1 each... sometimes with games! [​IMG]

*Wonders if Qrayzie got as good a deal on the Championship NES Cart as he did on the Tengen Tetris cart.*

[​IMG]

14. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Hello 3li,

nice to meet other RETRO-gamers...

15. Chupon

Member Chupon GBAtemp Regular

/welcome another NES collector [​IMG]

I have about 260 carts at the moment, and almost every accessory I can think of. Some highlights are:

Wally Bear and the NO! Gang
    Galaxy 5000, in box
    Power Glove, in box + all paperwork
    Top-Loading NES
    R.O.B. the Robot with gyro, all working
    Dragon Warrior 1-4

I've slowed down since my Gamestop stores have stopped selling NES carts, since they were the cheapest source I could find. Now the stores that do have NES carts want a lot of money for them, say $8-10 for a common game, on average. Hope your collection grows! [​IMG]

16. 3li
    OP

Newcomer 3li Member

Canada
    I have a bunch of snes games as well, like:

-secret of mana complete!
    -chrono trigger
    -final fantasy 2/3
    -earthbound
    -bomberman tournment 2
    -secret of evermore

17. Lily

Canada
    Hrmm..without hijacking this introduction thread too much ... [​IMG]

£1 for a boxed Saturn/GBA/etc are great deals! Good lord, that's beyond deal, that's just fantastic. Although, the NWC gold cart for me was a completely accidental purchase. I was hunting for golden Zelda carts, and this guy at the asian market had 5 of them. I got him to give me all five for $20, and when I got out to the car I realized that one of the carts sure wasn't Zelda. I was pretty convinced at what I had found, but looked on the 'net and in my back issues of Nintendo Power to find out for sure. Needless to say, I can't even tell you how excited I was. I sold it to a private collector when I sold all of my collection bit by bit, and got back much more than that original $20. [​IMG]

Now that collectining NES and SNES is more mainstream, it's not easy to find deals like that anymore, but the odd time I manage to get something good. Carts like Tengen Tetris are still worth a pretty penny (though not as pretty as they once were), etc. Seems the guys at the asian/flea markets are much wiser as to what they have now too.