I'm 3li

3li

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I'm new here, my name is 3li. you guys seem pretty friendly, and I haven't seen any flaming, so I decided to come and spice things up a bit! Just kidding.

I use a G6 Flash cart, and it's been serving my real nice. Right now I have gta, kuru Paradise and Advance wars on it.

I'm a big Nes collector, I have 130+ games in my collection (real carts of the nes games, not roms) and I love putting nes games on my gba.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know some of you guys!

Puck The Joker

Puck, The Arrogant Phuck
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Welcome to the board, enjoy your stay. Make sure you read the rules in the Announcement Section.

QUOTE said:
I haven't seen any flaming
Then you definitely haven't read any of the topics on this board.
laugh.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to the community 3li! It's a great place to be, there are a lot of interesting people hanging around for both help and fun.
smile.gif

Great to see another Canadian poking around here too, we're rather outnumbered..
biggrin.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now now Puck, don't scare away the newcomer like that... you should give him examples and links!
laugh.gif

Seriously though, welcome to the board, 130+ NES games?
ohmy.gif

I liked the NES era too but...wow...

MUAHAHAHA, while you're reading this my team of spies have pillaged your room clean! >=D

*Anubis*

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome!

Nice collection!

I collect Genesis and N64 roms only, but if I got a nice deal, will get NES and SNES.

3li

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how much all my nes games costed. I really don't want to know, caues I probably wasted way too much money.

If anyone here knows anything about nes collecting, the highlights in my collection are: maxi 15, tengen tetris, pro sport hockey, and TMNT tournment fighters

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how much all my nes games costed. I really don't want to know, caues I probably wasted way too much money.Â

If anyone here knows anything about nes collecting, the highlights in my collection are: maxi 15, tengen tetris, pro sport hockey, and TMNT tournment fighters
Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I used to collect both NES and SNES hardware, and I don't want to think about all the money I wasted doing it. I had over 700 SNES carts, every accessory and weird third party hardware..and for the NES I had approx 400 carts, and just about every accessory I could get my hands on. I finally gave it all up, because they were just showpieces, I never really played them after a while. Plus, it was a weight off my shoulders to get all of that space back!!

Nice show on the Tengen Tetris..I got mine for 15 cents at a flea market - brand new, never been opened. I was practically bouncing off the walls, 15 cents! If you want a real challenge, try finding a copy of the Nintendo World Championship cartridge -> or an even harder challenge, find a gold one. I won't tell you how much I paid for mine, but selling it practically payed my way through university.
wink.gif

3li

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no way! you had a gold one!?!?!?

I doubt there's a single copy of that game in Canada, but I would obviously buy it if I ever saw it.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I saw a gold one on ebay a few months back (UK seller)... it went for something like a bit over £1000 (say $2600CAD'ish)...

15 cents for Tengen Tetris... *cries*. *Sigh* and I thought I was getting a good deal buying boxed Speccys, GBAs, G&Ws and Saturn machines among other consoles for only £1 each... sometimes with games!
tongue.gif

*Wonders if Qrayzie got as good a deal on the Championship NES Cart as he did on the Tengen Tetris cart.*

smile.gif

Chupon

Trophies
XP
Country
/welcome another NES collector
smile.gif

I have about 260 carts at the moment, and almost every accessory I can think of. Some highlights are:

Wally Bear and the NO! Gang
Galaxy 5000, in box
Power Glove, in box + all paperwork
Top-Loading NES
R.O.B. the Robot with gyro, all working
Dragon Warrior 1-4

I've slowed down since my Gamestop stores have stopped selling NES carts, since they were the cheapest source I could find. Now the stores that do have NES carts want a lot of money for them, say $8-10 for a common game, on average. Hope your collection grows!
grog.gif

3li

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a bunch of snes games as well, like:

-secret of mana complete!
-chrono trigger
-final fantasy 2/3
-earthbound
-bomberman tournment 2
-secret of evermore

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw a gold one on ebay a few months back (UK seller)... it went for something like a bit over £1000 (say $2600CAD'ish)...

15 cents for Tengen Tetris... *cries*. *Sigh* and I thought I was getting a good deal buying boxed Speccys, GBAs, G&Ws and Saturn machines among other consoles for only £1 each... sometimes with games!
tongue.gif

*Wonders if Qrayzie got as good a deal on the Championship NES Cart as he did on the Tengen Tetris cart.*

smile.gif
Hrmm..without hijacking this introduction thread too much ...
wink.gif

£1 for a boxed Saturn/GBA/etc are great deals! Good lord, that's beyond deal, that's just fantastic. Although, the NWC gold cart for me was a completely accidental purchase. I was hunting for golden Zelda carts, and this guy at the asian market had 5 of them. I got him to give me all five for $20, and when I got out to the car I realized that one of the carts sure wasn't Zelda. I was pretty convinced at what I had found, but looked on the 'net and in my back issues of Nintendo Power to find out for sure. Needless to say, I can't even tell you how excited I was. I sold it to a private collector when I sold all of my collection bit by bit, and got back much more than that original $20.
biggrin.gif

Now that collectining NES and SNES is more mainstream, it's not easy to find deals like that anymore, but the odd time I manage to get something good. Carts like Tengen Tetris are still worth a pretty penny (though not as pretty as they once were), etc. Seems the guys at the asian/flea markets are much wiser as to what they have now too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released