I'll miss you, Mike.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
a friend of mine in Texas, Mike, turned up missing a few months ago. He used to log onto myspace every day, but suddenly he stopped. I knew something was wrong. His body was found in Carrizo Springs, Texas. shot in the back of the head, and dismembered, his remains scattered in the woods near a fucking trash dump. 4 people have been arrested, and 4 people have signed confessions. one of them being a guy that I went to college with.

Mike never had what people would call a good life. He was an outcast, just like the rest of his friends. Just like me. He was an odd duck, but nothing you would call malicious. He was a pretty cool guy when you get to know him, and he was just getting on his feet, making/selling chainmail for the Renaissance festivals, when he was taken out of this world. I only talked to him 6 months ago, and he was happier than I have ever heard him.

I hope these bastards get whats coming to them. Heres the link to the article if you want to know more details. http://www.carrizospringsjavelin.com/index.html

I'll miss you Mike. Everybody misses you.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's horrible... This made me cry, and I usually don't get emotional for this sort of things, but recently a dear friend of mine passed away so I can really feel your pain... I'm really sorry for you, and I hope that wherever he is now, he's living more happily than he ever did here. I don't personally believe in a life after death and all that jazz, but there has to be some kind of justice governing all this chaos. That's what I like to think anyway.

Sorry for the stupid post and the stupid words, nothing can make the pain go away, and I know it.

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know what to say. That's absolutely disgusting. I've personally never had a friend or family member pass away in my lifetime, so I can't imagine how this must feel. My heart goes out to you and Mike's family.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I hate people like this
frown.gif

Who the hell are they to take someone else' life? God gave it, god should be the one to take it back.
How unfortunate.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if he wasn't the best kid he wasn't a bad one, from the looks like it. No one deserves to be found like this or should have this happen. Lucky for us, the aforementioned state (sorry one of my buttons is broken so I can't use the key between "z" and "c") has the death penalty.

Well, here's to Mike. Celebrate his life, don't mourn his death, I would say.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
That so fucked up, I really wanna know what leads people to do shit like that. Seriously, how fucked up in the head can you be to kill some random person and dismember him. God, this world is going down the shitter.

Sorry for you loss man
frown.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, here's to Mike. Celebrate his life, don't mourn his death, I would say.
Hey. That's my line.

Anyway, I hope those assholes get what coming to them as they deserve to be punished the full extent of the law.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, that story shocked me, I thought your friend Mike was just going overseas or something. I feel really sorry for you, and especially your friend.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear about this mate. At least the one's who are responsible have been caught and just will hopefully be served. I feel for you, his other friends and his family.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    Veho @ Veho: Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.