I'll go and get an Acekard 2 now, unless someone can change my min

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kyte, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Kyte

Newcomer Kyte Member

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    This will be my first flashcart, so some questions:

Should I get a 2GB MSD or 4GB MSD? How many games could a 2GB fit (w/ homebrew apps in mind)?

Are there options for it to boot right to the flashcart?

How n00b friendly is it, and do you recommend getting it? Anything I need to do when I get it, like any necessary files that need to be added, update firmware (how do you do this?), etc. etc.

Thanks [​IMG]
  2. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2008
    1. 2GB could probably fit around 20-40 games while a 4GB could fit around double that. I have a 4GB card that's perfect for me. But it all depends if your going to movies and music on your card and how many games you are gonna play. I recommend the 4GB but that's just my choice.

2. Yeah, turn on the DS and where it shows the options for everything (ex. NDS game, GBA game, brightness settings), you'll see mini-DS on the bottom in the center, click that. Click on the first option (the Wrench) and then on the arrow (at the top). Change it to Auto so it just boots from NDS everytime.

3. It's completely noob friendly (in my opinion). You could update the firmwares or get AIO (All-In-One). I reccommend AIO has it has some more features, so yeah.

AIO Firmware

Just replace it with your _ak2 folder (that's what I did).