iGoogle to retire November 12, 2013

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iDidn'giveashitwhenitcameout and i'Mactuallyhappyit'sgoingaway.
The only time I used it is on accident when I used someone else's computer and they use Bing (ugh) as their homepage/search plugin. I quickly typed Google in the searchbar, hit enter and up popped igoogle. I was wondering wtf happened to the old clean Google search.
Frankly, if I want something, ill search. I don't want a page full of crap when I'm just trying to search. That's the reason I first switched to Google cause of the lack of iBullshit. Titles beginning with i are getting a bit old at this point anyway.
Just because you don't use something doesn't mean you should be happy it is gone/going. No one was ever forced to use it, you said yourself you only went on it once by accident. It didn't tarnish your experience of Google in anyway. To be glad a service that didn't hinder you in the slightest is going away is rather selfish.

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, it is a selfish view. But isn't everybody all about themselves? The fact that it'll be gone and I can't accidentally run into it again is good enough for me. Everything someone does is selfish in the fact that everything they do is for their own happiness or enjoyment. Intentionally or not, humans are selfish creatures by default.
I really didn't know igoogle was such a huge deal anyway. LOL

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some-what of an alternative is to use the Windows Gadgets for your desktop (assuming you are running Windows 7). I have an rss feed, twitter feed, weather, notes, network meter on my desktop. No need for iGoogle for me. Thought you guys might want to try.

my desktop is well cluttered as it is, but thanks for the suggestions, I may consider some of these as i am reinstalling windows 7 soon anyway.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've often wondered if people who like helping other people are just doing it for the happy feeling they get.
I like to think of myself as a helpful person, but I don't do it for that reason. I do it more because I feel almost obligated to help others, and I guess partly because I'd want help if I was in that situation.

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't say I'll miss it, but that's me. I used it for a while, but got tired of it, and set my homepage to the plain ol' google.com. Simple, and it's the first thing I open anyway, even if I don't search.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
oh, a bump.
I've tried iGoogle but it felt like a clutter.
For rss feeds I use google reader since i follow a lot of stuff. I don't really care about weather much because I mostly just look at the sky, though it's not accurate. And the google new tab page is customizeable where I could add GBAtemp and other sites as app and visit them one by one. Having them all show in one page looks like a table with too much stuff in it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never used it, but I thought back to this and realised it was nearly time; apparently they shut it ahead of schedule. Beginning of the month rather than the 12th.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.