IGN's Summer of Gaming and Cyberpunk 2077's Night City Wire presentation events delayed

ET7IxcU.png

In order to support the current Black Lives Matter political movement across the United States, previously-scheduled game show events have been pushed back to better allow "more important discussions" to be heard. CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077-focused event, Night City Wire, originally set to take place on June 11th, has been delayed to June 25th. Meanwhile, IGN's month-long Summer of Gaming was going to kick off on June 4th, but will now take place a few days later, on June 8th. IGN has also set aside a $1 million find through their publishing company, Humble Bundle, dedicated specifically to getting video games created by black developers published. This follows Sony also delaying their PlayStation 5 event for the same reason.

:arrow: Source 1/2

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These companies don’t actually care and are just capitalizing on this movement.

I am not going to turn this discussion political but people who look at numbers and facts for mistreatment of POC understand that the numbers are way down and actual racism is down as well.

I understand protesting for a cause but the numbers show the cause has already been won a while ago and what needs to continue to happen is purging of bad people in jobs like law enforcement, which the amount of people who fall into this group decline each year.

I just believe everyone should approach such movements with facts and data vs whatever the media outlets (Republican or Democrat) say.

Last edited by driverdis, , Reason: Fixed typo

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I read their statement: "We don't think we'll get enough buzz due to current events, so we're postponing until we can get the proper amount of free marketing." Of course, they don't have the balls to admit that outright, so they hand-wave it as them being concerned about said current events.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Violent, racist rioters do not deserve any kind of support. People who willfully burn down and demolish peoples' homes and places of occupation, people who willfully physically harm innocent people, people who harass and abuse people for being "white"; these people do not deserve ANY support. Black Lives Matter is ALL of these despicable, irredeemable things. If it had been a peaceful protest, then things would be different; however, it wasn't.

I do agree with the fundamental idea - race shouldn't be a factor in one's success or life expectancy - but this radicalisation? This extreme? Hell no. Black Lives Matter is a racially-motivated terrorist group, as proven by their horrendous actions over the years.

The worst thing about this is, is that these delays are just publicity stunts; they don't really care about politics, they're just doing this as the "easy way out". They might as well have done nothing in regards to the violent riots, and not delayed anything.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We all knew IGN would screw it up somehow and while we still have time for a proper one I must admit I did not expect this one.

I hope it is a cynical move, though I am surprised they give it that much of a threat (either in general or some kind of nonsense counter reaction).

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibDaD5U.jpg
1dxboPQ.png
It amazes me that people actually fall for these. My personal favorite was the Activision-Blizzard one. They care about black protesters as much as they care about the citizens in Hong Kong.

If I was gay or black, I'd be even more angry at companies trying to profit off of my race or sexual orientation.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night