Gaming IGN's Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword review is up.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
A lot earlier than I expected.. the game is coming out only on the 25th..

Indeed.. a good score for a DS game.. can we hope for an early leak?
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter to me how good or bad any review site thinks it is, I played the download demo and I KNOW I will like it.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for an early leak.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man i love fanboy comments after the reviews. it seems like no matter how good a score they give the game some fanboys still find a way to say they're a bit harsh in their judgement

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh, I hope they would keep these reviews out closer to the release date of the game because the more I read, the more I can't wait!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought anything above 8 means that its really good, I know there's people wingeing that FFCC only got 8.2 like its THAT bad a score, who cares?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome..can't wait!

Sounds like it would have scored higher if it was a longer game but I wasn't expecting that anyway. 8.6 = great. can't complain
biggrin.gif

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.9 is a whopping 9 if used in a out of 100 perspective, quite the difference maker my friend.
In any-case, this game is easily a must have, 8.5 or over means excellent to me

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Well Trials & Tribulations got a 7.7 so I'm sure an 8.6 for Ninja Gaiden means the game is friggin awesome.

Anyways, I don't know about you but anything over 8 means it's a pretty good game, I've played the Japanese version of Ring of Fates and the demo of Ninja gaiden and both are pretty incredible games, 8 and over is a pretty good score.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truliche said:
Well Trials & Tribulations got a 7.7 so I'm sure an 8.6 for Ninja Gaiden means the game is friggin awesome.

Anyways, I don't know about you but anything over 8 means it's a pretty good game, I've played the Japanese version of Ring of Fates and the demo of Ninja gaiden and both are pretty incredible games, 8 and over is a pretty good score.

And yet...IGN gave both Picross and Planet Puzzle League each a 9.
huh.gif

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
well i was expecting a worser review but anyway I'm disappointed that the game is that short (6-7 hr's)
hate2.gif

i mean come on someone bitch-slap those developer's, why are they taking this long time to make a very good but very very short game it's not hard to develop a game on DS
dry.gif

really i'm sick of waiting a loooong time for a good DS game then it turns out to be a so damn short
mad.gif

oh well guess i'll have to wait for FF4, DQ (IV, V, VI, IX), Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat & blue dragon to come out in english if i want to play a long game which means i'll have to wait till let's say 2010-2011 to be able to play them all thanks to square enix & mistwalker lazy asses in translating the games.

anyway i'm sure the game will be super good & i'm REALLY looking forward to it
yaynds.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
engruzii said:
...why are they taking this long time to make a very good but very very short game it's not hard to develop a game on DS
dry.gif

really i'm sick of waiting a loooong time for a good DS game then it turns out to be a so damn short
mad.gif

Well, if you kept track of Itagaki's interviews over the last year or two, he's made it somewhat clear that the bulk of Team Ninja's work has gone into getting the controls and physics perfect. The better part of the actual game, in terms of levels and environments, came last and only evolved over maybe the last six months. These guys have probably put more time into this game than any other developer has for a DS title.

Nah, I don't think they need to be bitch-slapped. I think they need to be rewarded. Yeah, it'll be a relatively short game, but it's the type of game fans will love to play through several times. I'd much rather have a great game that's short than some long, drawn-out piece of shit. But that's just me.
wink2.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
engruzii said:
well i was expecting a worser review but anyway I'm disappointed that the game is that short (6-7 hr's)
hate2.gif

i mean come on someone bitch-slap those developer's, why are they taking this long time to make a very good but very very short game it's not hard to develop a game on DS
dry.gif

mad.gif

oh well guess i'll have to wait for FF4, DQ (IV, V, VI, IX), Ash : Archaic Sealed Heat & blue dragon to come out in english if i want to play a long game which means i'll have to wait till let's say 2010-2011 to be able to play them all thanks to square enix & mistwalker lazy asses in translating the games.

anyway i'm sure the game will be super good & i'm REALLY looking forward to it
yaynds.gif

Even if you think its short, there's still the "insane Hard mode" to play once you unlock it.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
And top-notch quality over 6-7 hours is much better than mediocre gameplay over the course of 100 hours like many RPG developers like to do nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night