IGN's Hands-on: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Seraph, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Seraph
    OP

Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 6, 2007
    United States
    IGN has released a new hands-on article for MP3:C. Here.

My hype for this game keeps rising and rising. Also includes 60 new screenshots. Those Wii24Connect features seem pretty good for a single player game. Uses the Wii's system code, too!

Only about 6 more days left!

2. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    GOTY.

3. clockworkvictim

clockworkvictim GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2005
    United States
    Awesome.

4. finite

finite GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2007
    Bioshock [​IMG]

5. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    Yeah I don't think us Wii owners should entertain any illusions that bishock is going to blow DOORS and garner a lot of attention. And from what I've seen, rightfully fucking so.

That being said, I see MP3 as the Wii's Halo despite lack of online which isn't that big a deal to me. I say bring on the awesome single player experience and great story. The fact that its pushing the Wii's graphical capabilities is cool too!

6. finite

finite GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2007
    Hopefully its all in the gameplay I've stayed away from GC versions to give it the best chance.

7. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Nov 15, 2006
    Finland
    Yea no need for online. It wouldn't be good anyway.
    6 days ! or something! 60 screenshot is too much

8. LordWill072284

LordWill072284 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2006
    Canada
    Nova Scotia
    stoked guys, just utter stokedness lol. love the new 480p pics on the review too [​IMG]

9. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    eh, to me, bioshock looks like just another average "step up" in the FPS genre.

Metroid Prime 3 will be my personal game of this year, and every year after until the next metroid game.

10. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    I thought the Bioshock demo was pretty meh. Although I wasn't too crazy about Metroid Prime either...

11. Seraph
    OP

Jan 6, 2007
    United States
    I didn't really pay attention, but was everyone so hyped up about Bioshock before the early copies and reviews were out? I recall quite a few people that weren't impressed with the demo. There's a lot a competition for GOTY this year though and I'd also like Metroid to win that title. I'm guessing it will either be Bioshock or a Wii game to be GOTY.

12. finite

finite GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2007
    The demo of Bioshock is more scripted than the actual game, but whatever floats your bathesphere [​IMG]

13. DeepFriedAsian

DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    Michigan
    Forgetting about Halo 3? Even though I'm not a fan, it's probably going to be GOTY, or close to it.

14. Seraph
    OP

Jan 6, 2007
    United States
    Actually, I didn't forget it. I just don't think it will get it. I'm actually thinking Bioshock and SMG are the top contendors(though I want Metroid to win). But those are just my opinions. Halo 3 is definitely one of the competitors for GOTY, though.

15. cubin'

cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 12, 2007
    yeah you've gotta play the full version of bioshock to realize the awesome. I bet if it was on Wii all you guys would be loving it [​IMG]

hopefully mp3 is better but I'm not getting my hopes up.

16. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    It's also AUGUST. I'd imagine theres probably some games on the horizon that will be pretty stellar too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice