OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Make it so that when you ignore somebody, none of their posts show up at all.
Right now you can still see that they posted and choose to unhide it, that's a little too tempting.
Make it so when somebody is on your ignore list, they don't even appear to exist?
The quick reply box too, of course.

Addition: Make it so a blocked user can't post in any of your threads as well?

D

Deleted_171835

I agree.
I would be tempted to see what they posted. Ignored members should appear not to exist whenever they post or make a new topic.
Edit: On second thought, you should be able to see a topic they post as long as it's in the 'GBAtemp Magazine' and 'GBAtemp Network Discussions' section.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Got my support.
I can't add much really
mellow.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no-one on my ignore list (partly because no-one annoys me enough and partly because I want to have the sense of completeness), but I agree with this too. If I did need to ignore someone I would rather miss the post entirely than be tempted because it reminds me that it's there.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I agree that having the option to unhide posts kind of makes the ignore function a little redundant. But you could also argue that the fact that other people can quote an ignored post, that you can then see no matter what you do makes it even more redundant. Ignoring someone is 90% down to you I guess, it would be very difficult for a system to be implemented that eliminates all traces of an ignored user completely.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Er, simply add a check before making each post display box in a page of a thread to see if the originating author is on the viewer's ignore list, and if so simply don't display that box at all (which is less computationally expensive then displaying it with an unhide option since the check for ignore list is already there).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It seems a tad bit over complicated and seems like something that couldn't work since that would require also blocking quotes to that person's posts.
I think it's just easier to ignore a person by just down right avoiding their posts completely.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
tk_saturn said:
Yes, great idea. Let's all ignore Rydian and his many sexual deviant threads.

I'm all for banishing that crap on the forums, but this topic isn't the place to make stabs at Rydian or his sexuality (if there really is ever a place) Take it to PM if you have a problem with him.

Anyway, This is an awesome idea and its the way the ignore system works on most forums I have been to.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My post probably came across differently than it was intended.

Personally I don't feel the need to ignore anyone's posts. I don't have an issue with Rydian, I just found it ironic that Rydian suggested upgrading the Ignore list given his many 'threads'. I simply tire of the 'picture of my balls/wood/chest etc etc ' type threads. Exception for Toni P of course.

I believe the way the ignore list works now, is the best way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy I was reading your post on the lgbtq batman