OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Make it so that when you ignore somebody, none of their posts show up at all.
Right now you can still see that they posted and choose to unhide it, that's a little too tempting.
Make it so when somebody is on your ignore list, they don't even appear to exist?
The quick reply box too, of course.

Addition: Make it so a blocked user can't post in any of your threads as well?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What's up with you?

It's my thread and you came in blaming me for threads I didn't make, so I've got an excuse.
tongue.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had at least one person ignored and I don't look at their posts, it's never tempting because nothing they post is anything but trolling.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A thought- I am way too lazy to do any RE work at this point in time but if blocked users posts are spoilered or something like then chances are it has a CSS name/value/similar (certainly something you can use to identify things). If so then it should not be too hard to pervert a greasemonkey script like those that block youtube comments.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I support this idea.

I don't think the user is completely ignored once you hit ignore. It's a bit like the feature with the PM Block List, it asks you if they can message you, which is kind of strange. If I block them from PMing me, why does it ask me if they can? :wtf:

The ignore features needs a good touch up.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not letting someone post in your topic I think isn't fair. If you don't want to read someones posts, then just don't, but you don't get to be a moderator just because you made a topic. If you aren't able to ignore someone by your own with out having to rely on the ignore feature that's fine, but don't make every one have to ignore them too.

And as far as just not showing the post, I think that's silly, they might have said something important. But I don't really care because I don't need the ignore feature.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo_Chick said:
Not letting someone post in your topic I think isn't fair. If you don't want to read someones posts, then just don't, but you don't get to be a moderator just because you made a topic. If you aren't able to ignore someone by your own with out having to rely on the ignore feature that's fine, but don't make every one have to ignore them too.

And as far as just not showing the post, I think that's silly, they might have said something important. But I don't really care because I don't need the ignore feature.

It's not silly when you're constantly harassed by someone.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I know I keep whining about the ignore list, every time I succumb to the temptation and click on one of the "ignored" posts.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It could be kinda like it is now on Facebook, when you block somebody, they can't contact you in any way, you don't see their comments on somebody else's status, etc. Nothing but good comes from it, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans