Question Ignore function of the site

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can ignore regular members, most staff you will not be able to ignore (though you could probably ignore us yellow types).

But yeah at this point it uses the classic their posts are not visible to you concept, I don't think at this point there is even a "view it anyway" button and it is just straight up not there unless you see a quote of it or something. I don't know how well it integrates with blog and PM and profile viewing privacy settings ( http://gbatemp.net/account/privacy ) but probably not well at all.
Mutual invisibility is a very bad thing indeed -- some argue against shadow bans (bans where the person can still post but nobody else can see it) but this would be worse.

Or you could just join the real world and learn to live with other people, even if you think they are idiots. Sadly there is not a lite version so you can try it as a kind of "I like this section but don't care what this guy posts giving me alerts".

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You can ignore regular members, most staff you will not be able to ignore (though you could probably ignore us yellow types).

But yeah at this point it uses the classic their posts are not visible to you concept, I don't think at this point there is even a "view it anyway" button and it is just straight up not there unless you see a quote of it or something. I don't know how well it integrates with blog and PM and profile viewing privacy settings ( http://gbatemp.net/account/privacy ) but probably not well at all.
Mutual invisibility is a very bad thing indeed -- some argue against shadow bans (bans where the person can still post but nobody else can see it) but this would be worse.

Or you could just join the real world and learn to live with other people, even if you think they are idiots. Sadly there is not a lite version so you can try it as a kind of "I like this section but don't care what this guy posts giving me alerts".

I know exactly why he's asking. I can say that there is a show ignored posts button if the ignored user posts on the current page of the thread. There's also a display anyway button if the post is the most recent one. Everything else is lost to the abyss of the net.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just activate the ignore function for FAST6191 and then you can see exactly how it works!
To see how it looks for other users, just logout and reload the page.

There's no point to blocking your posts from certain users. They could just logout and see them.

I wouldn't care to read what idiots have to say. I use ignore extensively. Most "idiots" are guilty of asking stupid questions, a few are guilty of being mean-spirited.

Ignore hides threads that user started from you too, so just be aware of that.

Last edited by flame1234,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands

Not... exactly. Here is the behavior I've noticed when ignoring a user:
  • Their posts will be hidden from view as if they never existed. This includes quotes from their posts by other users and profile posts. (Leading to... odd thread structure when said ignored person starts getting quoted as the addition to the quote is not hidden.)
  • There is a button on the bottom right of a thread/forum to show their content anyway, with the notice "You are ignoring content by this user" attached to their posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: