1. JDMEVOIXMR

JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ds lites better have a price drop...

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    The actual Halo DS never got past the concept stage while the one IGN shown was a fake, and pretty much confirmed to be a fake.

3. ShigeruTR

ShigeruTR GBAtemp Regular

I'm very happy 'cause My birthday in March.
    I'll wait DSi for present my parents [​IMG]

4. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Hmm... I'll hold off on a DSi until it becomes mature--when CFW comes out that allows DS games to boot off an internal SDHC, and libraries are available to homebrew developers for camera control.

And if the DSi polls the camera(s) every 5-10 seconds to automatically adjust the backlight brightness within a defined parameter. (like you want it "this" bright and the backlight will go between off and "this bright" depending on ambient lighting conditions)

Or am I asking for too much by next christmas?

5. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    If the DSi Store ever gets as cool as the App Store from Apple, I will buy it. But that will never happen.

6. damagedisdone

damagedisdone Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Except for the useless camera you can practically replicate all of the DSi function with DS Lite + flash cart. DS may ware sounds cool, but look at how well it turned out for Wii. Although I do like the matte casing better than glossy, but paying more money for less. No thanks.

7. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Till now.. Japan got some Wario Ware minigames, a new Wario Ware game using the camera, Art Style games and a guide for Japan's (or just Tokyo, not sure) Subway..

I'm curious about the type of apps that will be released over here..

8. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    WTF... It was said at E3 when it was announced that it was comming to Japan in Nov 08, and US in April 09... why is this big news? It's already been known....

9. haringtonl

haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Of course people will buy it... If you don't have a ds already, then y not get a DSi? Since probably most of this community already has a ds, then of course it is going to received poorly.

10. Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Huh, this is just like the DSLite. It was released not long after the holiday season in 2006, wasn't it?

Glad to have gotten what I did however. =P

11. CockroachMan

CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Most people in Japan already had a DSLite too.. and it's beeing received pretty well there [​IMG]

Of course, the japanese market is very different..

12. Link5084

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Okay, are you guys immediately going to buy an Acekard 2i once you buy a DSi this March?

13. Knarf

Knarf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's goo that it's going to be released in march. That means It has time to drop in popularity before July. Since this will be my birthday gift.

14. go185

go185 GBAtemp Regular

March...nice...guess I have a reason to get a DSi now: Birthday is at the end of March.

15. War

OP War Take it easy~

I don't understand why people want a DSi either, unless your Lite broke and you need something to replace it. It just seems so pointless and gimmicky; wow, the screens are a SMIDGE bigger. Wow, it's got a .3 megapixel camera (which, if you don't know about camera specs, let me put it this way. If you a have a camera phone, it's most likely better than the DSi camera)

I don't think there's gonna be many DSi-only games. Even if, I doubt they will be good games, and certainly not "brand" games like Squeenix, Atlus, etc.

I'd ONLY get one if my DSLite stops functioning, I have enough money, and an "iCyclo" comes out. But then again, I never have money, so I just don't see it happening.

16. George290506

George290506 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I hope Europe gets its DSi soon... [​IMG]

17. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Err, they said that the DSi won't come out until "well into 2009" which people thought sometime during the Fall or something the other said after April. Nintendo just contradicted themselves on this. =/

18. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Meh, I don't really care much. Fuck the DSi.

19. sk3tch

sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What is funny is that people somehow think that it will actually be pointless and gimmicky. C'mon guys - this is Nintendo. Give them some credit. These "innovations" may seem lame at the surface - but when the Nintendo DS was first announced what did everyone think then? Dual screens? Touch screen? Microphone? What? And look how that turned out! They will take these perceived "small" upgrades and make some really fun games and apps out of it.

Of course, you're always welcome to sit it out on the sidelines. But give them some credit...if for nothing else because of their track record of making great, innovative games.

20. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's the interior camera. The exterior camera is 3.0 megapixels...which, depending on your phone could be better or worse.

As for who'll buy a DSi? Anyone who wants a DS. Once the DSi hits the shelves I'd bet all the DS Lites will be pulled since department stores aren't going to want the extra stock taking up space plus that'll ultimately force the sales since one won't have a choice. Once the Lite came out I don't remember seeing the original DS anywhere so it stands to reason this'll hold true again.

I'll probably pick one up as long as I can run a flash cart on it (preferably Cyclo's since I do like their currant card, but whatever works will be considered.)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - coming, March,