Not open for further replies.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Word on the interwebs suggests that the Big N is gearing up for some sort of hardware reveal at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

"We've heard rumors that Nintendo might be showing hardware at E3," IGN editor Jose Otero said on the latest episode of Nintendo Voice Chat.

"They're absolutely going to show new hardware this year," the outlet's co-founder, Peer Schneider added. "No doubt in my mind that something... 'Cause I've heard from multiple people now. I've heard from someone who used to be at Nintendo, I've heard it from somebody on the third-party front."

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/rumor-nintendo-revealing-new-hardware-at-e3-25585

Probably a redesgin 3DS to boost the 3DS sales as it has somewhat dried up gobally, or perhaps a new handheld which isn't too farfetch if they were to launch it in 2015, a good 4 years after the 3DS.

My second thought we might finally get to know what this QoL is.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pretty sure we've seen this rumour posted already, it sprung from some comment in the HTML source of one of the web pages related to the event.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/r...ce=twitterfeed

Probably a redesgin 3DS to boost the 3DS sales as it has somewhat dried up gobally, or perhaps a new handheld which isn't too farfetch if they were to launch it in 2015, a good 4 years after the 3DS.

My second thought we might finally get to know what this QoL is.
A successor for the 3DS, what? Has it been 4 years already, damn, time flies.
Would surprise me to see a successor so soon though.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Reactions: heartgold

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That one works, thank you, but the link in the OP is the one you see in the code tags in my post, and it doesn't work.

Oh okay. I've corrected it now. :)

I have a feeling Nintendo will drop the 3D for their next handheld. 720P screen and two sticks. Lol

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have a feelimg Nintendo will drop the 3D for their next handheld. 720P screen and two sticks. Lol
Nah, they will sooner drop the Wii U and announce a new home console. The 3DS is still printing money.

Reactions: Flame

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A successor for the 3DS, what? Has it been 4 years already, damn, time flies.
Would surprise me to see a successor so soon though.
It might have been some time, but for me it feels like the first two years of the 3DS there were no games, so it was kinda moot :x

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Third pillar to generate some of the money back from Wii U losses, killing the Wii U early isn't quite easy even if it's a failure.
Ah, yes, what to do when only one out of your two consoles sells? Divide your funds further and release a third one so owners of the first two feel left in a ditch and you have absolutely no resources for marketing or software support. Better yet, make the announcement whilst wearing nooses. :P

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will not buy another home console if Nintendo decides to release a new one so soon. I spent €380,-- ($526 or £311) for my Premium Wii U at launch (such a mistake...), not spending that amount of money on consoles any time soon... However, if they did announce successor to the Wii U, I'm sure they would lose quite a bit of consumer trust, so I doubt they are going to do that at e3.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
47127-smhead.png
youve been hit by youve been struck by
47127-smhead.png

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, yes, what to do when only one out of your two consoles sells? Divide your funds further and release a third one so owners of the first two feel left in a ditch and you have absolutely no resources for marketing or software support. Better yet, make the announcement whilst wearing nooses. :P

Well, slowly kill the Wii U with support so your loyal fan aren't pissed off. They already know Wii U is a failure and doing a VB in this day is going cause a outrage, so riding it out for a while till they can launch another hardware.

DS was a third pillar and took over the gameboy brand. It might not be a console, another source of revenue while the Wii U is sinking.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, slowly kill the Wii U with support so your loyal fan aren't pissed off. They already know Wii U is a failure and doing a VB in this day is going cause a outrage, so riding it out for a while till they can launch another hardware.

DS was a third pillar and took over the gameboy brand. It might not be a console, another source of revenue while the Wii U is sinking.
This won't do. The moment they announce new hardware (not a revision), sales of the Wii U will shrink, developers will lose what little interest they have and it will be a global fiasco. It's unreasonable to think that Nintendo will announce anything new that's not a revision of pre-existing hardware before the late days of this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker