IGN giving away 1 month XBL Gold subs

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.xbox.com/...n-gold-for-free

Not really much to say.... so here's a small quote:
IGN, your source for the world of gaming news, previews, reviews, shows, walkthroughs and more is now offering its members a free month of Xbox LIVE Gold.
Steps:
1 Go to the above link
2 Login to Microsoft's Live service
3 ???? (I don't have a live account, someone tell me)
4 Free month of XBL Gold for you

EDIT:
Step 3 is checkout with the $0.00 coupon it generates. No charge or payment info needed, just a windows live account. e: You do need a credit card or paypal on file

For those of you who NEED this but have an account that it doesn't work for, you can make a new Windows live account.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"This promotional offer is not available

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers."

Seems like I still have a few days of gold membership left.

Reactions: 2 people

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always make a new account right. Of course you won't get the gamescore to your main account but a month of free gold and whatever free content they offer to gold members that month is good. That is assuming you don't already have gold for that month.

its xNIGHTMAREx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through the process and it seems like it was working fine for me. I used an existing live account. However, they tried to get me to add a credit card or Paypal account (even though it says it costs $0.00) and even states that it will automatically monthly unless you cancel beforehand.

So, I chose to not complete it since I don't want to deal with Microsoft's bullshit and don't actually play Xbox Live anymore.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ What BS? I've never had any problems with MS on two of my canceled Gold accounts before. I just go and turn off autorenewal right when I create the account. That way I don't have to worry about it later.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Step 3 is checkout with the $0.00 coupon it generates. No charge or payment info needed, just a windows live account. e: You do need a credit card or paypal on file

For those of you who NEED this but have an account that it doesn't work for, you can make a new Windows live account.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ What BS? I've never had any problems with MS on two of my canceled Gold accounts before. I just go and turn off autorenewal right when I create the account. That way I don't have to worry about it later.
I've turned off my auto renew and they just turned it back on. This caused an over draft and several paypal fees. That's over $100 in fees. I was so pissed, and their support was less than satisfactory. I'll be passing now. :(

D

Deleted User

"This promotional offer is not available

Thank you for your interest in the promotion. Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time. Please click the “OK” button to see available subscription offers."

Seems like I still have a few days of gold membership left.
You just need to keep trying.

This mail is a confirmation that you have purchased the following items from Microsoft:​

Purchase Date
Monday, May 21, 2012​

Subtotal of Items: $0.00
Total before Tax: $0.00
Tax: $0.00

-----​
Total for this order:
$0.00​
Estimated charge date:​
Monday, May 21, 2012​

Sold By
spsp_xbox​

Item(s)
Gold – 1 Month​
- Gold – 1 Month​
Price: $0.00
Quantity: 1​

Reactions: 2 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bullshit beware, as free as the first month is, if you're putting in Credit Card info, they're gonna automatically set you to automatically renew each month, without alerting you.
You won't get invoice emails saying your subscription has been renewed or anything, and it'll happen each month.

I actually got caught by this shit after buying one month of XBL Gold so I could download the Sonic Generations demo, it went on for 6 months before I finally noticed it on my bank statement. It's a dirty way of sneaking money into their pockets for a service you may not even be using. I'm down £36 because of that crap.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

Bullshit beware, as free as the first month is, if you're putting in Credit Card info, they're gonna automatically set you to automatically renew each month, without alerting you.
You won't get invoice emails saying your subscription has been renewed or anything, and it'll happen each month.

I actually got caught by this shit after buying one month of XBL Gold so I could download the Sonic Generations demo, it went on for 6 months before I finally noticed it on my bank statement. It's a dirty way of sneaking money into their pockets for a service you may not even be using. I'm down £36 because of that crap.
Not to be a dick, but that's your own fault for not checking the auto renewal, whenever you put payment info in, it tells you your plan will be set to auto renew so service doesn't get interrupted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.