Homebrew Discussion If your unpatchable v1 Erista is banned, what online functionality could you have with homebrew?

Alex658

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's something crossing my mind as of late, my unpatchable v1 Erista switch is yet to be banned, I keep a dual setup with CFW Emunand and clean Sysnand.

However, I know that as soon as I were to use my Emunand online I would be instantly banned. Assuming an unpatchable v1 Erista is banned, what could you do with homebrew online?

I know there are some homebrew that use some sort of online connectivity like to save data backups to a cloud of some sorts.

Let's take for example the YouTube app on the switch, does it need to connect to nintendo servers to even work like it did on the 3DS?

It's not like I am planning to get my switch banned only to test that out, so if anyone has a banned cfw switch and would like to test what can you do online with it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, all nintendo servers, NSO, multiplayer, eshop are out of the question, as that's the first things you get locked out of by being banned.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All official apps need access to Nintendo's servers to do anything online. There is a hacked Youtube NSP that currently works without that though.

All homebrew could care less.

Reactions: Lightyose

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something crossing my mind as of late, my unpatchable v1 Erista switch is yet to be banned, I keep a dual setup with CFW Emunand and clean Sysnand.

However, I know that as soon as I were to use my Emunand online I would be instantly banned. Assuming an unpatchable v1 Erista is banned, what could you do with homebrew online?

I know there are some homebrew that use some sort of online connectivity like to save data backups to a cloud of some sorts.

Let's take for example the YouTube app on the switch, does it need to connect to nintendo servers to even work like it did on the 3DS?

It's not like I am planning to get my switch banned only to test that out, so if anyone has a banned cfw switch and would like to test what can you do online with it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously, all nintendo servers, NSO, multiplayer, eshop are out of the question, as that's the first things you get locked out of by being banned.

Use Incognito or Exosphere and you should still be just fine going online with your emunand for homebrew.

As others have said theres a patched version of YouTube that bypasses the Nintendo servers. These kinds of things are few and far between. I think the only things I've seen patched to bypass the Nintendo servers is youtube and the You don't know Jack game.

As for homebrew, no connection to Nintendo servers, so if you were to be banned, you'll be just fine.

But honestly, using Sysnand/Emunand along with some form of Incognito (the RCM payload, or the app, or Exosphere on ATM, or SX Stealth on SX) is a pretty proven way to stay ban free. It's one of those things where if Nintendo wanted to bypass incognito and ban people, they would have done so by now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Use Incognito or Exosphere and you should still be just fine going online with your emunand for homebrew.

As others have said theres a patched version of YouTube that bypasses the Nintendo servers. These kinds of things are few and far between. I think the only things I've seen patched to bypass the Nintendo servers is youtube and the You don't know Jack game.

As for homebrew, no connection to Nintendo servers, so if you were to be banned, you'll be just fine.

But honestly, using Sysnand/Emunand along with some form of Incognito (the RCM payload, or the app, or Exosphere on ATM, or SX Stealth on SX) is a pretty proven way to stay ban free. It's one of those things where if Nintendo wanted to bypass incognito and ban people, they would have done so by now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
All of the Jackbox games have been patched to work online without Nintendo servers. And patched versions of NSO apps as well but that's not the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded