Hacking If you want Madworld to load to the game and not a black screen read t

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You MUST install the new IOS 38, 53, and 55 IOSes if you want the game to boot normally from the disc channel after using update block. You can find them on the net or rip them from your own MadWorld disc, this includes people using modchips.

EDIT: You can also just update off the disc if you have a NTSC Wii and a NTSC copy of the game, it doesn't update your Wii to 3.4, just installs needed IOSes.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the disc read error right after you get the white wiimote warning screen. The screen goes black and get the error.

frown.gif

D

Deleted User

We NEED IOS 38 to launch Animal Crossing, even through Backup Launcher.

So this comment:

QUOTE said:
This is why I like to just use a backup channel (for softmod), and not have to worry about new ioses.

Proves absolutely nothing

Tiduz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YellowYoYos said:
I get the disc read error right after you get the white wiimote warning screen. The screen goes black and get the error.

frown.gif

exact same error here, when using gecko os. only way to play it for me since im on a PAL wii.

dwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: nvm, i think i figured it all out.

seems the guide i will be using already instructs to install these 3 files.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I DID install these new IOSs and I am using Softmii 2.1.1 any idea why I might be getting 002 Error? This is my first time getting an error, so I don't think it is how I have things installed.

SoulKeeper90

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really really confused. What is IOS? I've been out of the Wiibrew scene for ages. I still have my Wiikey, but this game keeps giving me a black screen.

Can someone please explain how to install this IOS?

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, IOS38?

I used wufe on my MadWorld disk and (among many others) I got IOS 36, 37, 53, and 55 but no IOS 38.

Are you sure its 38?

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scolor said:
SoftChip FTW!
biggrin.gif

Alright, sweet Softchip did indeed work, just wondering has anyone got this running using Softmii/through the disc channel as a backup? I'm thinkin maybe the IOS 55 I got didn't install right or something, but it also seems like I'm not alone in this problem (002 error).

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
We NEED IOS 38 to launch Animal Crossing, even through Backup Launcher.

So this comment:

QUOTE said:
This is why I like to just use a backup channel (for softmod), and not have to worry about new ioses.

Proves absolutely nothing

Actually, I can launch Animal Crossing fine without ios 38. I can also launch Madworld fine without any new ioses too. I was basically just saying that launching through a custom channel is a lot easier than trying to use the disc channel in my case at least.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cyber Akuma said:
Wait, IOS38?

I used wufe on my MadWorld disk and (among many others) I got IOS 36, 37, 53, and 55 but no IOS 38.

Are you sure its 38?

Whoa whoa lets not cunfuse everybody else here, AFIF said that we need IOS38 for ANIMAL CROSSING (altough this isn't true for softmodders) this title uses IOS53 aparently and since you ran WUFE on it, wich Sysmenu.wad came out, is it v257..??

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I already have 38 and 55 installed, are these new versions, should I just install 53 too or do I install the 55 and 38 as well over the ones I already have?
I'm on 3.2E, modded with WiiKey and Sonic and the Black Knight works just fine with the 002 fixed GeckoOS

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
How'd I never know about SoftChip until today?!? This program rocks. Fixed my 002 issues with MLB 2k9 and Sonic and the Black Knight... I'm so happy about that... and hopefully will let MadWorld run with no issues at all once it finishes downloading, probably in the morning. Thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free