Hacking If you plugin a keyboard, you can now play dos games without dev mode or any homebrew.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

Yesterday, the internet archive website added more than 2000 dos games that can be played entirely using a browser. Titles include but not limited to: Oregon Trail, Lost Vikings, and Prince of Persia.

It appears you can play also dos games this way on the xbox one using edge browser. All you need is to plug in a keyboard and go to the website and click on a game.

Website: https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Which of these games are you excited to play? and which ones would you recommend?

Update: It appears that this method works with other retro games as well that can be played on the browser. I tried a game on the zx spectrum, and it worked with the keyboard on the xbox one.

Last edited by kingtut,

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

it appears that other games that run on the browser will work on the xbox one as well. I tried Dizzy on the zx spectrum and played it with a keyboard.

Cannon007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought in the past somebody also released Nesbox in the Xbox store that basically opened up in edge but I could just be incorrectly remembering things.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought in the past somebody also released Nesbox in the Xbox store that basically opened up in edge but I could just be incorrectly remembering things.

You're not wrong, Nesbox has a browser version that runs on the xbox one. But it only includes NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and Gameboy I believe. The website I posted includes DOSBox, amiga, zx spectrum and I saw a couple of MAME games. And both websites don't require homebrew or dev mode

carizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're not wrong, Nesbox has a browser version that runs on the xbox one. But it only includes NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and Gameboy I believe. The website I posted includes DOSBox, amiga, zx spectrum and I saw a couple of MAME games. And both websites don't require homebrew or dev mode
I think he may be referencing the time that someone built a browser and put it on the store but it had retrix hidden inside

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.