Hacking If you have .cia files installed, DO NOT OPEN DATA MANAGEMENT IN SYSNAND

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've only tested it with 3ds roms to cia conversion dont know about anything else.

no problem man, but yeah, for stuff from the eshop it's a different program, similar, it replaces your launcher.dat, but yes it's based on your unique console keys, the regular 3ds game decryption is just the 'normal' 3ds keys, that every 3ds has. but basically only my 3ds can decrypt my eshop content

Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey

Eiseiryuoujin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't know about this and it's happened to me today. I just lost 700+ hours on my digital copy of pokemon Y :cry:
Is there a chance to restore my saves? Even a slightest hope is enough to keep my sanity...... :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I didn't know about this and it's happened to me today. I just lost 700+ hours on my digital copy of pokemon Y :cry:
Is there a chance to restore my saves? Even a slightest hope is enough to keep my sanity...... :(

probably not sorry, maybe some fat file recovery thing, but no promises

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just try the fat recovery tool.....as long as you haven't been copying files onto the SD, there is a fairly good chance you could recover the save

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel your pain. There is no way to recover anything lost when you wind up accidentally corrupting or deleting your big SD card contents.

Trust me. I know how you feel. I have had to reconvert and reinstall ALL of my .CIA games three times now, and even though I am mostly back to where I was, now I can't get Kid Icarus Uprising, Smash Bros or Shantae and the Pirate's Curse to install correctly.

Hang in there.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I feel your pain. There is no way to recover anything lost when you wind up accidentally corrupting or deleting your big SD card contents.

Trust me. I know how you feel. I have had to reconvert and reinstall ALL of my .CIA games three times now, and even though I am mostly back to where I was, now I can't get Kid Icarus Uprising, Smash Bros or Shantae and the Pirate's Curse to install correctly.

Hang in there.

do you not have gw? if you do, why do you keep using cias?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
They provide a "native" experience. They work with the Savedatafiler tool. If a public updated CFW is released, can transition right into that.

i understand that it looks nice... but, i think it is easier to be on the gw card. i do not have to 'install' any games, i do not have to convert to cia, i can move my gateway card to my other 3ds and play the same games... and yes if you go to the app screen in settings on 4.5 you lose everything :o

but yes... savefiler usage is good :)

Reactions: yuyuyup

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you not have gw? if you do, why do you keep using cias?

I have a 32GB microSDHC in my Gateway, and a 32GB SD card. This way, I can have pretty much every decent game ever released in the (U) region on my 3DS, all at once. Aside from that, it's really just the aesthetics. I like having access to all my favorite games right there on my home screen.

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To prevent future heartbreak, use the Dev/BigBlue Menu. It can delete the software the same way, but doesn't kick you back to SysNAND.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
To prevent future heartbreak, use the Dev/BigBlue Menu. It can delete the software the same way, but doesn't kick you back to SysNAND.
although if you have 100+ entries it can be hard to know what is what quickly, it would be lovely if nintendo made the dev menu display the names and icons :)

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...... I think i'm going to wail for a while....... I might be considering to quit and sell everything next year if no solution found....... :sad:
HWtFFPj.png

yeah if you hadn't used the SD card much after that the data must not have been overwritten yet and you might be able to recover the old files.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally managed to convert 3ds to cia easily last night and suddenly my spotpass downloaded youtube and nintendo video on my emunand. I didn't really want them then I remembered this thread on being cautious about checking Data management.

It's only in the Sysnand data management right? It's cool to check the data management in emunand?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

like others have said, try using recovery software

once back in the R4 days I accidentally formatted my micro SD which had 20+ saves on it and I was in a horrible mood for the next 3 days

I used this software called Data Doctor Recovery or something like that and I managed to get most (but not all) of them back

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you need to do is buddy is take your SD-Card out in the side of your 3DS and your GW card of course and format your systemnand in settings and set up your 3DS again as normal, this will separate your both nands from each other and you wont find that issue happening again and also no internet settings will set up in systemnand when you set them up in Emunand, nothing will copy itself again in systemnand, its a great method and good little handy trick to use!. I had the same happen to me but that sorted it out for good and is well worth doing for other little annoying things in systemnand that happens! Trust me on this m8, go and do it! :)

Edit: Just remember when you have formatted a fresh systemnand you need to run the blue GW card to set up the exploit again for gateway to work but that's no hassle. :)

Thanks for this advice as I was having same problem (sysnand showing emunand installed .cia) and formatting sysnand fixed problem, and as you say erases concerns over internet connecting in sysnand.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So, Gateway has a negative side? Well.. Carp
it's nothing to do with gw... it's to do with nintendo deleting stuff you don't have rights for (in sysnand's opinon, since you downloaded/install it in emunand, sysnand has no idea where it came from). call it AP (maybe)

Eiseiryuoujin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like others have said, try using recovery software

once back in the R4 days I accidentally formatted my micro SD which had 20+ saves on it and I was in a horrible mood for the next 3 days

I used this software called Data Doctor Recovery or something like that and I managed to get most (but not all) of them back

It doesn't work, just tried some and none can detect the deleted file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended