Gaming If you flash an xbox can you unflash it to play on live?

Translucentbill

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
If i were to flash my xbox 360 to play back up games, would i be able to unflash it and play online with my legit games and not get banned?
Would i be able to play on live with my legit games with my xbox still flashed and not get banned?

EDIT: Oh yes, where/how on MGC.net do i get the gamercard with my avatar on it?
tongue.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If i were to flash my xbox 360 to play back up games, would i be able to unflash it and play online with my legit games and not get banned?
Yes.

Would i be able to play on live with my legit games with my xbox still flashed and not get banned?
You can still be banned.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Translucentbill said:

Ya, you can unflash it. But considering that its the backup games that trigger the ban and not the actual firmware flash, why would you want to?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can afford another one anyways just flash the one you have now and in the unlikely event that you do get banned buy a new one then.

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would just look back a few posts, someone already answered that

Ya, you can unflash it. But considering that its the backup games that trigger the ban and not the actual firmware flash, why would you want to?

Idk actually, but thats just using logic.

Translucentbill

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well i did read that post its just i guess my mind misread it and took it for something else. Sorry about that. I think if i end up with the RROD ill do a self fix and softmod it at the same time.

754boy

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
If it's flashed and you're connected to Live, there's ALWAYS a chance you will get banned. It doesn't matter if you're playing a backup, legit game, WHATEVER.

Stop trying to scare the noobs man, no offense to Translucentbill lo
biggrin.gif
The firmware is currently undetectable. So if all you do is play legit games, you have no worries. Screwed up backups are what get you pwnt.

Then again, if all you play is Legit games, why flash? Avoid the risk altogether lol.

Translucentbill

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
War said:
If it's flashed and you're connected to Live, there's ALWAYS a chance you will get banned. It doesn't matter if you're playing a backup, legit game, WHATEVER.

Stop trying to scare the noobs man, no offense to Translucentbill lo
biggrin.gif
The firmware is currently undetectable. So if all you do is play legit games, you have no worries. Screwed up backups are what get you pwnt.

Then again, if all you play is Legit games, why flash? Avoid the risk altogether lol.
No offense taken
tongue.gif

Well the reason i want to flash is because..... Im cheap
tongue.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are waves of bans that occur for flashed 360s. There is no publicly 100% known reason for why these bans happen. There are a lot of speculation, but it varies from site to site. With that said, I'm under the current belief that the current flashed drives are undetectable unless you're playing a bad burn (or an EARLY RELEASE, those are a guaranteed ban, pretty much). BUT, that doesn't mean that Live won't learn how to check for it in the future (near or far).

Its a lot riskier than modding a Wii or a portable... but it depends on your own weighing out of the pros and cons. *I* won't flash my 360 because i REALLY like Live and i want to keep it running. Non-flash is the only 100% way to avoid the ban-hammer at this point
wink.gif

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Like another person has said, no one really knows how m$ does their banning. Also, you can play backups on live, provided they are all stealth checked and all that. Use abgx360 for that. Also, I DOUBT that once you unflash it (can you even unflash a drive?), you will avoid being banned. It was once modified, remember that.

754boy

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya a drive can be unflashed. You just reflash the original firmware that you backed up when you first flashed. I've had a couple friends do this before sending their RRoD boxes back to M$ for repair. They replaced, no questions asked. Of course it helped that the warranty stickers remained intact lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all