Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All of the good games on wii were designed for the gamecube. ex:
Resident Evil 4
Twilight Princess
Paper Mario

These are all designed for gamecube but then wii came out and they were given to wii.

I have a wii. It sucks balls. I no longer trust nintendo consoles... Only handhelds
wink.gif

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got no monies to spare atm. I'm living on instant noodles till I get back in shape financially... So it'll get here by christmas I guess.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Too many people have Wiis, I can simply visit my friend who lives nearby and play with him. (3 people in range of 5 minutes walk?)
But it's quite harder to find somone who has other consoles, and the chance of him having a multiplayerable game. I have a decent number of 2-4 players games for my friends. (Some Co-op, some competetive)

It's different from DS, that if there are many DS-owner friends, it's better to go buy one and play multiplayer with them.
But if there are many Wii-owner friends, it's better to visit them and play multiplayer on theirs.

It's pretty weird to say I'm not getting one because of high number of sales, but that's how it is for me. When walking 5 minutes gets really bothersome I'll buy one myself.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just seriously not impressed with the Wii lineup at all. The games that seem to have any real content are ports. The other games, look like games I'd play for a day then never look at them again. Casuals games are just that...casual. I'll play them sometimes. I want a console that will make me want to play not just a mass of games, but a single game for a long time. As far as I can see, Nintendo is still doing their thing with the casual games support, which is great for them. They are bring more people who don't game into the gaming community. I also think that's a bonus for Microsoft and Sony because it's prepping up a slew of future hardcore gamers lying in wait like the NES/SNES did for the Playstation. I think their decision to not allow Manhunt 2 on the console was the breaking point for me. Before that point, they've been touting that they were willing to support all types of games on the console. Obviously, they don't. You could argue that Sony/Microsoft didn't support Manhunt, too, but if you look at their catalog they aren't skewed to one side of the demographic. I highly doubt Regi's talk of trying to court Rockstar for a GTA. He might have made an offer, but I doubt he really tried to get it i.e. just like the talk of "good" online gaming. I could careless if GTA or Manhunt sucked, it was about the principle of allowing other content onto the system that would allow for a wider audience and bring the hardcore gamers into its fray. That being said, I don't have any of the next gen consoles either. The 360 has games I know I'm going to get on PC, with better support for content i.e. moddability. The PS3 is just crazy out of my price range. I'm happy with my PC, PS2, DS, and PSP.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would m$ and $ony be legally entitled to copy the wiimote? I read somewhere that ninty don't actually own copyrights to any of the technology.
I also read that $ony were going to re-market ps2 with a wiimote-style controller.

how cool would 360 and ps3 be with wiimote? :drool:

reaperman@home

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
I figured this would be better off in Other Consoles:

If you don't own a Wii, why not and what would convince you to buy one?
The wii is not a game console by my standards. Rather than playing video games, it seems to pride itself on its collections of mini-games. I have no desire to play these 'spin the wiimote and hit the button--repeat' titles.

That's the primary reason--lack of any type of game support. I also tend to feel that people look like idiots using the wiimote, which is a huge reason I'd still love to see you all buy a wii.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had a Wii. It got stolen (along with $7000 of other hardware including: 2 apple notebooks, nintendo ds, psp & lots of 360 games [but not the console]). I thought I was going to replace it quickly after my higher priority items (the notebook and nintendo ds w/ flashcart)... but it's now been 9 months and I still haven't even looked in stores to try and buy a Wii.

My main console, even when I had my Wii and still is, my Xbox 360. There's only two things I really miss the Wii for... wii sports bowling and super swing golf... everything else (even Zelda, which was fun...) wasn't that impressive to me compared to the experiances I enjoyed on my 360. I really love my sport and racing simulations and my action/shooters... and nothing beats the Xbox Live Arcade (way better then the Virtual Console... better variety, not just retro titles). Now that there's more quality titles coming out for the Wii, my interest is starting to grow again. But this time I will be modchiping my Wii... as it's very small selection of software titles I'm interested in playing on the Wii (Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime, etc).

Me being a "hardcore" gamer, I still prefer my Xbox 360 experiance. But with more titles appearing I do see my self getting a Wii with in the next 3-6 months, but with a modchip purchased and installed at the same time.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's how you get a Wii in your home for free:

1. Track down media coverage in your country of Wii Fit. This could be a magazine (the ones moms read) or TV broadcast.
2. Get your mom to read/see it, most preferably in a way where you did not point it out to her, but just tell her you got handed this magazine for free or something and then give it to her.
3. Wait for Wii Fit to come out, and a Wii will magically appear in your living room You may have to give her a little more incentive to buy it, but only after SHE comes to you telling she's interested. A way to get her to talk about it would be mentioning the Wii in a conversation that is completely unrelated to your mom.

DON'T be an IDIOT and just tell your mom about it. You will FAIL. She is going to be skeptical of anything you like and dismiss it. And she has good reason to, because she's never liked them videogames of yours. If you don't, then when she sees it on TV or in a magazine, she'll have already dismissed it so she won't pay attention.

Here's a Dutch source you can use: http://www.rtl.nl/(vm=/actueel/rtlboulevar...t.avi_plain.xml

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
But this time I will be modchiping my Wii... as it's very small selection of software titles I'm interested in playing on the Wii (Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes, Metroid Prime, etc).
I would have thought mod chip would have been necessary if you were looking at having to purchase a large number of games ?

Anyway I also consider myself a "hardcore" (sic) gamer - after nearly 25 years of playing the damn things on numerous systems I think I have the right to call myself that - and I love my Wii. It's the most fun IMO. 360/PS3 just rehashing the same old shite I've been playing in one format or another for 2 decades now, but with prettier pictures and better audio. They offer nothing "new" to the gaming experience, at least not to the extent that the Wii control system does.

Having said that, I would dearly love to own both the 360 & PS3 in an ideal world. But until money grows on trees.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM