If you don't own a wii... why not?

K

KaliKot

Because uhm...it costs money? and its overpriced here but modchips and fake games are easily available
biggrin.gif

PRICE DROP and Modchips with ALL region compatibility

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii is like the most boring console for a hard core gamer, it's only fun with friends.

That's what I am afraid of. Of course I'd love to have one, but as said before... it coasts money! The time will tell wich one I'll buy: Wii or PS3. Wii is winning now.:-)

I just bought my ps2 about 4 years ago.That time, there was no doubts that he dominated the market (and had an excellent mod chip).:-D

Armastevs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no way man, I have a TON of fun playing games like Resident evil 4 and madden and Twilight princess...those are hardcore games...not to mention the new metroid game and games that are ONTW!

Julee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wii is like the most boring console for a hard core gamer, it's only fun with friends.

First question: Does that mean that hardcore gamers don't have friends? Interesting.

Second questions opened to anyone: How is this not just the Gamecube all over again? The graphics are mediocre at best, the controls are designed for kids and grandparents, in terms of games, most of the games are either party games or Nintendo series games, or licensed games with gimpy controls (Call of duty, spiderman 3, scarface, etc). In no way am I saying the Wii is going to fail or would I call the wii a flop or anything, its just personally, I own one, I haven't touched the thing in 3-4 months. Yeah I'll play Metroid, till I beat it, then I'll have to wait for what..uhh...4-5 months for smash bros.....then get bored of that and go back to Halo 3 or something by then.........Kinda like the gamecube....and the original xbox.......

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Julee, GC had better graphics than the PS2, and also the GC design was a kiddie one, but the Wii has a more modern design that appeals to kiddies and everyone else.

Plus its selling a lot more

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
What would convince me to buy one?
A truly region-free modchip. I don't wanna miss out on many great (and wacky) Japanese releases. Let's hope one comes out before Super Mario Galaxy. I already wanna play Twilight Princess, but I don't wanna rush things.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

First question: Does that mean that hardcore gamers don't have friends? Interesting.

A hardcore gamer prefers to be physically isolated so he can focus his mind 100% on a game. It's exactly the same principle as isolating yourself so you can concentrate while working on an essay - its all about physical distraction.
Wii only shines when you have a room full of friends. A room full of friends means lots of audible, visual and physical stimuli off-screen - all of which would drag a hardcore gamer's senses away from the game. Not good
frown.gif

Wii doesn't offer the absolute cerebral immersion that hardcore gamers crave. It's more about physical interaction (with other people as much as with the console) and that's why a lot of people don't see it as a real gamer's platform.

IMO
tongue.gif

Farami9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amount of stellar titles for Xbox360...........

Also who is going to make these uber fps shooters for wii (hmmmm ubisoft, Red Steel....)

Dont tell me Retro they are going to make like 2 more games max (most likely one) & plus metroid is an adventure fps

As said by countless people b4 the wii has the potential to be the best... But not any time soon...

I mean why work really hard on an great fps when you can make cheap party games & still make cash...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

No, not what I meant at all. Hard-core games usually like playing with them selfves and like eye bleeding graphics with intense gameplay. If your playing with your Friends it's likely you're not a hardcore gamer, because if you were, you wouldn't have bought the wii in the first place.

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't think that the GC has better graphics than the PS2.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't really own a Wii since my friend has it already. So, I usually end up going to their house and hog their Wii, haha. It's quite fun and having to move around makes it appealing for me. I'll probably get one for myself as more titles come out for it. But for the moment being, going to a friend's house is good enough.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii because there is simply nothing worth spending £180 + games for (and I'm not gonna mod my Wii, thank you
tongue.gif
).

In a few months that'll all change with MP3, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros (Stateside, at least) all being available and I'll probably cave and get an NTSC unit. Those three games are what I've been waiting to get a Wii for.

I've not missed out on anything so far - there's been nothing truly fantastic that's exclusive so far. Zelda was a GC title and so was RE4. Trauma Center is essentially the DS version which I only just bought. Wii sports is fun for half an hour and then only fun for another half hour in multiplayer and Red Steel is ass.

But I think those three titles I mentioned (MP3, SMG and SSBB) will win me over, and the Virtual console should keep me nicely entertained.
smile.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i only like SPM, and bit of Zelda.
it doesnt have much story driven games made for hardcore/medicore gamers.
how much you want to play "fun"? look at DS, you can have Super Monkey Ball for some minutes and then you can switch to like Castlevania or FF III or Magical Starsign or , or , or ...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got one but I wish I hadn't gotten it until the end of this year when Mario, Smash bros and Metroid come out. Those three games are the only ones I can see in the future that really interest me (mario kart too I guess) My Wii has been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for quite some time. That said it's good fun playing Wii Sports with a group of friends.

Compared to the 360 there's just not enough games that interest me. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with it when those 3 games come out though. There's so many games I want for 360 coming out this year...I think it's like 10+ games that I'm really looking forward too.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a wii but havent played for 8 months because i left it in australia when i went home for the holidays.

i have a ps3 ATM. but the reason why i havent got a nother wii is becaue i havent got a tv. so the console is wasted. the ps3 has video abilities so i can stream that through my tv capture card and watch videos without draining my cpu.

Valdure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delta123, you do know that vga cables is available for ps3 or 360 to hook up directly to your monitor right? No signal degradation or complications, just a cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: