Hacking If you don't care about Castlevania or Tony Hawk..

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it matter what micro SD you get? I've seen some deals on Kingstons and PNY's and I'm not likely to ever play Castlevania or Tony Hawk games so will any card do?

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a game you might want to play could come out soon, and it might need a good card. And you can get some kickass deals on Newegg on 1GB or 2GB Japan Kingstons. And trust me that they're Japan models, I have one 2GB and three 1GB.

Link to 1GB here, link to 2GB here.

EDIT: Forgot to put Newegg

EDIT 2: Put links to cards

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006: I don't think Newegg ships outside the US. Also, those cards are not guaranteed to be MIJ models, quite a few people have gotten the Taiwanese ones from Newegg.

emmsmama: To answer the original question, no. If you don't care about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, it currently doesn't really matter which microSD card you get for use with the R4. (The R4 is the cart you ended up ordering, right?)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam will slow down on the R4 no matter what memory card you use.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
read it again, its not create a skater

ITS CRATE A SKATER
YOU HAVE UNLOCKED THE ABILITY TO MAKE YOUR SKATERS LOOK LIKE CRATES WHENEVER YOU PLAY IN CLASSIC MODE

emmsmama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pikadude1006: I don't think Newegg ships outside the US. Also, those cards are not guaranteed to be MIJ models, quite a few people have gotten the Taiwanese ones from Newegg.

emmsmama: To answer the original question, no. If you don't care about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, it currently doesn't really matter which microSD card you get for use with the R4. (The R4 is the cart you ended up ordering, right?)

Wow, good memory about the R4, yep that is what I have ordered. I can get PNY locally for a decent price but wasn't sure if that would be sufficient for most games. I saw the deal at Newegg for a 2GB Kingston but they don't ship to canada as Destructobot mentioned. I'm considering getting the 2GB Kingston from dealextreme but am ambivalent to wait the 2-4 weeks for it to get to me, plus it is more $$ there than at newegg. So I was figuring if PNY was good enough I'd go with that.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the Japanese PNY 1GB cards are the same as the Japanese Kingstons. I believe they're all rebranded versions of the Toshiba SD-C01G.

If you can get a good look at one of the PNY cards, see if if says SD-C01G JAPAN on the microSD card (not the SD adapter), if it does, it's one of the best cards you can get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1