If you don't care about Castlevania or Tony Hawk..

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by emmsmama, Jul 9, 2007.

1. emmsmama
    OP

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    Does it matter what micro SD you get? I've seen some deals on Kingstons and PNY's and I'm not likely to ever play Castlevania or Tony Hawk games so will any card do?

2. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well a game you might want to play could come out soon, and it might need a good card. And you can get some kickass deals on Newegg on 1GB or 2GB Japan Kingstons. And trust me that they're Japan models, I have one 2GB and three 1GB.

Link to 1GB here, link to 2GB here.

EDIT: Forgot to put Newegg

EDIT 2: Put links to cards

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    pikadude1006: I don't think Newegg ships outside the US. Also, those cards are not guaranteed to be MIJ models, quite a few people have gotten the Taiwanese ones from Newegg.

emmsmama: To answer the original question, no. If you don't care about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, it currently doesn't really matter which microSD card you get for use with the R4. (The R4 is the cart you ended up ordering, right?)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam will slow down on the R4 no matter what memory card you use.

4. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    downhill jam sucks anyways...
    sk8land is much much better

5. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    ya! Sk8land is allot more controllable and fun! I unlock, "Create a Skater" and It doesn't do anything... what do I do?

6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    read it again, its not create a skater

ITS CRATE A SKATER
    YOU HAVE UNLOCKED THE ABILITY TO MAKE YOUR SKATERS LOOK LIKE CRATES WHENEVER YOU PLAY IN CLASSIC MODE

7. emmsmama
    OP

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    Wow, good memory about the R4, yep that is what I have ordered. I can get PNY locally for a decent price but wasn't sure if that would be sufficient for most games. I saw the deal at Newegg for a 2GB Kingston but they don't ship to canada as Destructobot mentioned. I'm considering getting the 2GB Kingston from dealextreme but am ambivalent to wait the 2-4 weeks for it to get to me, plus it is more $$ there than at newegg. So I was figuring if PNY was good enough I'd go with that.

8. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
  9. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I think the Japanese PNY 1GB cards are the same as the Japanese Kingstons. I believe they're all rebranded versions of the Toshiba SD-C01G.

If you can get a good look at one of the PNY cards, see if if says SD-C01G JAPAN on the microSD card (not the SD adapter), if it does, it's one of the best cards you can get.

10. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States

You said it! I dislike downhill jam. Sk8land > Downhill Jam