If you could time travel, when would you go?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,257
  • Replies 36
  • Likes 3

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Normally I would say the 70s - 1970 to be exactly.
But in the Meantime I can also live with (in) 1954......:lol:

Guess why......? bbq.gif

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a few places in time that I'd love to witness, write down, record, or something to take back to the present, if possible to do so with the time travel solution.

Think about it; religious and non-religious alike debate how old the Earth is, our origins, whether evolution is real, Pangaea, pizza with anchovies being edible or not - and just imagine if, through whatever method is theoretically possible, and without affecting causality, the time continuum, current time stream, what have you, one could go back and observe, in a safe manner, the origin of the universe? The beginnings of the human race?

If, we're to just assume that the Adam and Eve story is true as it was described in Genesis, one could interfere and possibly burn The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil down as well as The Tree of Life, and create a future where no one ever dies; a true utopia.

Who can truly say with what we know now? Unfortunately, a lot of old knowledge was probably lost when the Library of Alexandria was burned down at the Roman Empire's zenith. Even the truths within the Bible itself (and by "truths," I mean the accounts that we are to believe to be primary sources that reported things as the authors understood them, not the life advice per se), be it the Old King James that fundamentalists traditionally refer to, what we have left of the original manuscripts, and the Catholic copy which was used when translating the documents that comprise the entirety of the Bible itself, could have been manipulated for Constantine's benefit when he ascended to the top of the Roman Empire, or what it had become by his time in world history.

One could time travel to these confusing points in history, perhaps gain more insight into things not so clear right now in our present day.

The only other place I could want to time travel is the possible end of the world, or the beginning of the end, if The Rapture and the Great Tribulation itself is indeed a something that will be a reality, as it appears how things are headed at the rate that the stage is being set if interpretations of the events to transpire are any close to what John, Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jesus, Paul, Enoch and others were possibly trying to communicate to the best of their understanding. And if possible, I'd take that knowledge, as well as any evidence I've observed to the current timeline, and see what I could do to prevent it, and thus save the world from what would be, and could be playing out very soon, a series of events that could be comparable to the Plagues of Egypt, except on a global scale.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They say "the past is a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there", well, with the inevitability of some butterfly effect fuckery of even the briefest visit, I wouldn't want to go there either, let alone mingle.

But I would like to have some sort of time viewer device like in "The Light of Other Days" so I could perv on people in the past and see what they were up to because let's face it, half the "history" we know of is hearsay and guesswork.

On the other hand I would like to go into the future and stock up on designer drugs.

This would also result in butterfly effect fuckery but who gives a shit about future people, they haven't happened yet.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go back to when I was 7, living with my aunt, and me and my neighbor boy were hugging [till auntie said stop it, darn her]. It felt good. Remains in thought to this day. :blush:

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometime after the invention of antibiotics and refrigeration, that's for sure.

I'm thinking maybe 1918. War's over, the "Roaring 20's" are about to start, and I'd have a couple years to stock up on booze before Prohibition started. And weed, cocaine, and machine guns were legal.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd go back 6.5 years in the past and tell my former self to break up with the then-current girlfriend, as she'll break up in the most horrible way possible.
Knowing myself, former self will just ignore the advice (that's love for you), and even punch me in the face for trying to steal his girlfriend. So it won't work, but...

Hey...that reminds me...some guy who looked just like me DID warn me about my girlfriend, but I didn't believe him. Had to punch him in the face to shut up about that "warning" thing. Heh...that's interesting. Seems like time travel IS possible. :P

...but fooling around aside: I'd just travel to the end of this pandemic.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't alive during the 80s and 90s, and was too young to propperly enjoy the 00s, so anytime between 1980 and 2009
I would probably say 2007-2014 myself if I did have access to time traveling.

I do often dream about correcting and fixing my past mistakes but that has disastrous consequences myself, at that point I'm much better off fixing myself in the present.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe "When would you go" was the key words here.

Now is my answer.

If you wanted a specific time.

Hmmm... I guess, when I was 6. My first kiss with another boy [6] :wub: , that he started. To bad we were caught :sad: . lol :angry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.