If you could bring back any homebrew project from the dead, which would it be?

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
n64 and ps1 emulation. the wii is almost the perfect emulation machine if just it could emulate those consoles proberly

Reactions: KiiWii

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
N64 emulation has always been kind of sketchy. Even on a good PC, it still isn't perfect, some games still artifact badly.

Ps1 emulation is something i'd love to see on the Wii U. I absolutely think it has the power to do it, but I don't see that anyone will make a proper emulator for Wii U since the Wii's homebrew is so mature.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Chrono Trigger Resurrection

I totally forgot about this! This died....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

N64 emulation has always been kind of sketchy. Even on a good PC, it still isn't perfect, some games still artifact badly.

Ps1 emulation is something i'd love to see on the Wii U. I absolutely think it has the power to do it, but I don't see that anyone will make a proper emulator for Wii U since the Wii's homebrew is so mature.
Nope, not enough ponies under the hood for good ps1 emulation, unfortunately

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There was a time I would've said rawksd for Wii (import tracks from other guitar hero or Rick band games into Rick band 2... One version only loaded from sd and another working beta had a date restriction) but seeing how regular sd cards can now hold more than ten times the size, it doesn't matter much.

I go with fat 32 support for wiiu. Mocha came close but the implementation is just too buggy. Runner-up is gamepad support for wii and GameCube games on wiiu (though I'm not sure if this ever was a full project rather than people tinkering with it).

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno if is been done before but a Mega man battle network game with online mode. :)

Either that or Streets of Rage Remake and Mega man universe. (Not really a homebrew project but one of many cancelled mega man games)

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wire3D, it had a lot of potential for the Wii, especially since it worked with Unity, but it was too good to be true (hopefully something like that comes out for the Wii U/3DS/Switch)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
People dedicated enough to fix the common problems with PS1 and N64 emulation in very specific games, like Goldeneye for example... Most emulators don't even try drawing the sky, they just make it solid red or black. Like wow... Lazy much? Or textures that are 17 feet in front of you will somehow cover your guns and hands. The hell kind of fuckery is that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself