If you bought a Wii U, the first day, and it was worth $210..

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ComeTurismO, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    How much $ would u drop 4 months later and sell it on a online web like craigslist?

I'll probably drop it 20$ less, if it comes out great.

if bad, -35$

it actually depends of how it is.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    $599.

2 people like this.
  3. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Lawl! Awesome trolling.

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Is it? It's a speculation thread, dude.

If I would have predicted the 80$ price drop of the 3DS before it came out, people would have called me a troll. Or at the end of the nineties: if I had predicted that apple would dominate the market of future cell phones, they would have said I was crazy.

Here: likewise. If the wiiU becomes such a hype in consoles that production can't keep up, the price WILL go up.

However, personally, I don't believe it. It has a decent first party lineup, but third party is mostly ports and expanded versions (zombiu is about the only exception). Unless a good deal of exclusives start to show up (or unless the wiiU variant REALLY makes use of the extra screen), I doubt that'll happen. My guess is the average price on a new wiiU will be roughly 50 bucks less on an online sale.

5. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Well, yea, i mean, i heard that the 3ds lost a lot of value due to a few problems (3D mode, seizures). But now it sort of depends due to customer review, these days. According to my sisters workplace.

6. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    None of which were actually a problem to begin with, who the hell had a seizure?
    3D was a selling point and not the opposite, plus they advertised that 3D could be turned on and off.

The only reason was software, Nintendo released the thing without any AAA first party titles. None, nada.
    And 3rd parties were afraid of making stuff for it since it didn't sell as well because of that.

Funny thing is that the 3DS was doing fine and even better than the DS during its launch.

5 people like this.
  7. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Personally, I think it's too early to speculate. Though I think $20 less is a fair amount, regardless of how well it does.

8. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    My brother in law had huge headache w, the 3D mode, but yea,I know.

9. crono141

Member crono141 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The thing that would sell wii u like hotcakes would be a Kingdom Hearts compilation disk. KH, KH2, 358/2, Birth by Sleep, Recoded, and whatever the GBA one was called (can't remember). It would sell the console just for the handheld ports alone.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    If that happens WiiU will be day one.

11. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Both my girlfriend and I had that issue when we first played the 3DS, but after an hour of playtime, and sleeping on the headache, neither of us ever had it again. It's different for everyone but, at least for us, it was just a matter of our brains "adjusting" to the 3D, I guess. lol

12. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    I'm actually interested in how much regular Wii's will drop in price. I want to play some serious Tatsunoko vs Capcom but don't feel like buying, a new console to do so.

13. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    That's just not true. Consoles get sold on games with a lot more mainstream fame (Halo, Gears of War, Mario, Zelda) that everyone's heard of. Kingdom Hearts is a cult classic among some JRPG fans. That doesn't sell a console. A launch Zelda would sell the console.

3 people like this.
  14. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    There was no complaints about seizures... Headaches maybe, but not seizures. And most of those complaints came from people who turned the 3D to 100% without realizing that the slider is there for a reason.

1 person likes this.