Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its been said from the start GW mode etc wont work, it may update but thats about it, I thought it would load into it fine and it seems too, but that is about all, needs all the patches ported to 7.X now

Version 7.0.0-13U

Added Support for Nintendo Network IDs:
    • Users can now create or link a Nintendo Network ID, which is required to use some network services, from within System Settings
    • Nintendo eShop has been updated to support Nintendo Network IDs (*1)
    • For more information regarding Nintendo Network IDs, please visit our Nintendo Network ID introduction page
Added Support for Miiverse:
    • Users can now view and post to Miiverse from Nintendo 3DS family systems
    • For more information regarding Miiverse, please visit our Miiverse introduction page
Added a Software Update Notification:
    • A notification will now display when software is started and update data is available (*2)
Removed the limit to system transfers:
    • The previous limit of five system transfers per system has been removed
Changed the start-up method of Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu:
    • Pressing the L and R Buttons simultaneously will now start the Nintendo 3DS Camera from the HOME Menu
Improved system stability and usability:
    • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Loaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic2756 or anyone that's updated to 7.0 on emuNAND:

When you say games aren't working, do you mean ROMs only or does that include retail games (played on 7.0 emuNAND classic mode)? If it only blocks ROMs, this should only impact the small number of ROMs that weren't compatible on 4.5 but were on 6.3 emuNAND (Zelda, Batman, etc.).

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sonic2756 or anyone that's updated to 7.0 on emuNAND:

When you say games aren't working, do you mean ROMs only or does that include retail games (played on 7.0 emuNAND classic mode)? If it only blocks ROMs, this should only impact the small number of ROMs that weren't compatible on 4.5 but were on 6.3 emuNAND (Zelda, Batman, etc.).

You don't need emuNAND to play those.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what about the online apps? like youtube ? has anyone tried to use either youtube or netflix? on 6.3 emunand now that 7.x is live? can you please report if it works, someone with a flasher to be safe

Duaber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated to the latest and now DSTWO doesn't work anymore just says a error occured please power off. Oh well for science! :)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to update but weird things are happening since I've been this whole time on classic mode.

I got the update prompt on classic mode, but after changing to GW mode, I can't update without internet and when entering to the eShop, it just returns an error.

Edit: The error on eShop is gone, now I'm trying to update offline.

Loaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My bad, you're right. So does that mean not having 7.0 emuNAND only impacts games that currently require retail cartridges (Pokemon, etc.)? Or are those playable with the 7.0 emuNAND?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though I was prompted to update from Home Menu, I can't update without internet connection... *sigh* wish me luck, I hope I don't mess with anything.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

I thought he was talking about retail, which you did need EmuNAND and needed to be on 6.3 to allow for Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Tour, Layton and the 5.x update partition games to run, Classic mode has no spoof

If not its surprising that some members still have missed the 1000+ posts stating that rom compatibility is Identical Regardless of Mode if using the 2.0 Launcher, andthing SDK 5.x.x+ Works fine..

Even though I was prompted to update from Home Menu, I can't update without internet connection... *sigh* wish me luck, I hope I don't mess with anything.

Hope all goes well, maybe the network is overloaded, or possibly classic mode is meshed to SystemNAND more than in GW mode, and something is merged

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hes talking about retail, which you did need EmuNAND and needed to be on 6.3 to allow for Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Tour, Layton and the 5.x update partition games to run, Classic mode has no spoof

Hope all goes well, maybe the network is overloaded, or possibly classic mode is meshed to SystemNAND more than in GW mode, and something is merged
Do I need to back up my NAND again before I update?
Or I can update from the settings normally?

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so sysnand is on 4.5, emunand is on 7.x, 3ds freezes when trying to open Miiverse and settings in both classic and gateway mode :S I have 3 SD card with Emunand on them so I just update one of them to try 7.x.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok so sysnand is on 4.5, emunand is on 7.x, 3ds freezes when trying to open Miiverse and settings in both classic and gateway mode :S I have 3 SD card with Emunand on them so I just update one of them to try 7.x.

The same is happening to me on classic mode. I can't update Mii Plaza. I guess I should return to 6.3 using my backups.

IT's even impossible to enter to the eShop. Seriously, thank God for backups.

Loaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By settings, do you mean the home screen, or the actual settings/preferences screen? If it's the former, and you can boot up to the home screen, can you try loading a retail game in 7.0 emuNAND classic mode?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for gateway to be able to play on the latest update I have officially turned off my Jpn 3ds wifi switch to keep it on 6.3 until gw3ds can work on it but I'm sure they can make it work but I'm starting to lose hope

Loaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated emunand 6.3 to 7.0, retail games (zelda albw) on classic mode working fine.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification. Looks like games haven't lost any compatibility with the update. Gateway 2.0b1 on sysNAND 4.5 will still play all the ROMs, including Zelda, Batman, etc., and emuNAND 7.0 Classic Mode will play the non-ROMmable retail games like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc. The only thing that's missing is the eShop, which would've been the case for people who stuck to emuNAND 6.3 anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

mathew1971

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday i let my 3ds in sleep mode download the 6.3 update but didnt install - i have just upgraded 3ds to 4.5fw and now want to create emunand using my dsi flashcard - i assume thats possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s