If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jean Karlo, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeldaWW

ZeldaWW Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2013
    im waiting for someone with a hardware mod, updates his firmware to 7.0

please let us all know if gateway emunand works

2. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Fuuuuuuuuuu I waited too long, here's hoping someone will test updating emunand to 7.0!!?

3. fierce waffle

fierce waffle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2012
    United States
    7.0 isn't out yet. Just tested on my normal 3DS. No update

4. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo

Count on me...
    I have HW mod and a working SD card image with my 6.3 emuNAND, so I'm all "screw up" safe :P

5. DigitalDeviant

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    I know I should have said once 7.0 is out I hope someone tries and see what happens concerning updating via emunand.

6. Presentum

Presentum GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    Mexico
    Well poop, my R4 results to be fake and can't do anything about it.....

I was thinking about this, is there some way to update to 6.3 from an original game card, like Link between worlds via the Emunand? Or it has to be via the internet option? .-.

7. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    No roms specifically need EmuNAND to run, aslong as using 2.0, same exact romset plays in Either SystemNAND and EmuNAND (Non-updated and updated)

No carts have 6.3 update, Highest is 6.2, and anyway even using a retail cart, you would still be prompted on entering eshop to update, which would then update the SystemNAND

Retail Updates differ from Online Ones

The Nintendo 3DS firmware can run in four different modes. NATIVE_FIRM is the native running firmware for Nintendo 3DS software (including the Home Menu). SAFE_MODE_FIRM is used for safe mode applications, such as the System Settings and System Updater. TWL_FIRM is the Nintendo DSI's native firmware and it is used for Nintendo DS/DSi to be Backwards Compatible. Finally, AGB_FIRM is the Game Boy Advance native firmware and it is used to run Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games.

Note that the naming convention of a firmware version, as it's shown on the 3DS System Settings, is divided in three parts: the first 3 digits represent the firmware version without eShop features (which is the one stored on retail catridges); the number after the dash represents improvements related to the eShop and can only be obtained via online update; and finally the letter at the end represents the region of the console, being the Americas (U), Europe and Australia (E), Japan (J), South Korea (K) and Taiwan (T) the five regions with exclusive firmwares for each one.

8. DigitalDeviant

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    Has anyone contacted gateway regarding emunand and the new fw update that will come soon?

9. octopus

octopus Custom Title

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    /
    What for? They know as much as the other guy. I don’t think that they have spies at Nintendo.
    Their answer would be «Don’t update until we give you green light».

10. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I doubt Gateway has infiltrated people in Nintendo, we shouldn't bother them about the 7.0 OFW. Let them fix all of the bugs of the beta version first.

Ninja'ed

octopus likes this.
  11. RowanDDR

RowanDDR SNES Lover

Apr 13, 2006
    London
  12. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Im pretty sure they have been spammed with 100s of pointless emails... Whats the point, how can they know in advance what is gonna happen, and people spamming their sales@ email doesnt help at all, What they need is a few "Offical Support" People who have a different way of contacting them and all correspondance is through them, that way they arent spending hours pasting generic replies to 100s of users all asking the same thing... Maybe if the Update was out, they had time to look at it and test, then they would have answers

13. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    If you're sure you downloaded the 6.3 update then you're good, just remember to turn off the wi-fi switch and delete all your connection settings to be extra sure, as if you ever go to sleep mode another time with wi-fi on, the new firmware will also be downloaded and it will get installed instead.

Do this until you receive either your 3ds gateway or any ds card that can play ds games (that is, until you can create and update the emunand).

14. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    Its the exact same process, except it tells you, you dont need internet access to perform the update

on 3DS without the update already, i just setup wifi in systemNAND, and turned slider off, once GW3D showed in settings i turned on slider and updated, not sure why they complicate things by telling you to delete internet settings, then readd them, when you can just use the slider, seems certain things inside settings arent redirected and are causing all the SystemNAND updates, the safest way common sense wise, is that once in settings and see you are in EmuNAND to update, not mess around doing other shit, that falls you back to systemNAND

15. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    7.0 is not yet out. However since an hour back it no longer says there isn't an update but instead says there is an error during update. Probably means they are uploading the update to the servers and stuff.

16. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Edit: quted instead of edit.

17. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    You guys realize you can update emunand with a gamecard, right?
    I did mine with pokemon and it worked fine...

tjexp and Cyan like this.
  18. Habbert

Habbert GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    i can no longer enter eshop with emunand? 7.0 prep? anyone else try?

19. mznova

mznova GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2007
    United States
    I meant the format system memory in the settings (not via the GW GUI).

20. tHciNc

tHciNc Total Random

Jan 14, 2006
    New Zealand
    AFAIK, people havent been able to update during the whole maintainance period, not just the last hour.. The network is down, it even says at support pages.. Update might already be there it might not, its only when the network goes live again which is scheduled for in just over 2 hours that we will know

How many times does it have to be repeated, its down for maintainance and has been for hours

Start Date and Time of Outage:
    Monday, December 9, 2013 9:00 AM Pacific Time
    Estimated Time of Completion:
    Monday, December 9, 2013 8:00 PM Pacific Time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.