Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony was sending out Emails to its Commercial Retailers that all new PSPs to be sent out will have 'Downgradable Prevention' built right into them. All new PSPs to be shipped out as of next week Friday, May 18th, will be a higher firmware, 4.xx (specifics were not released), but they were promised to include new security features to prevent hacks and downgrades. Apparently this is one of their first steps to start focusing on the PSP again, instead of diverting all attention to the PS3.

just a FYI.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man i've had enough of this bullshit!

i really can't stand sony....

how much money are they throwing into this bullshit, they claim they need to prevent homebrew because it allows iso's, but i mean don't they realize that no one uses this for isos since they have no solid fucking library....

i just don't get sony management....

it's like we all have front row tickets to watch sony ruin itself from the inside out with stupid corporate ill-concieved marketing plans and poor judgements based on the quick $

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone will hack it and get round it no doubt... Sony have been playing catch up with hackers since its release.

I havn't played my PSP in like a month now... >_>. Looking forward to God of War and Final Fantasy though.

smile.gif

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a properly concieved hombrew system would prevent most piracy problems. It would remove the need to mod the console so people would be content using the homebrew emulators and other stuff that comes out.

Never gonna happen but would be nice.

Anyways if it's possilbe to run a game on it then you can hack it the only way to prevent people hacking is to brick em all!!

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony was sending out Emails to its Commercial Retailers that all new PSPs to be sent out will have 'Downgradable Prevention' built right into them. All new PSPs to be shipped out as of next week Friday, May 18th, will be a higher firmware, 4.xx (specifics were not released), but they were promised to include new security features to prevent hacks and downgrades. Apparently this is one of their first steps to start focusing on the PSP again, instead of diverting all attention to the PS3.

just a FYI.

give it like 2 weeks and it will be hacked
laugh.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I think it will be cracked too, maybe it last longer (like fw2.0) but in the end it will fall.
Sony is as the heavy metal group ManoWar said: Battling the world.

ejp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks little more than a PR stunt. Fanjita gets interviewed by the bbc, a few shareholders start asking questions - sony make a public statement about stopping psp hacking - it'll blow over and no one will care again....

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Did anyone know that sony started off as a radio repair business after WWII? I never knew that, interesting...

About the new psps, I'm getting one from my classmate for $100
biggrin.gif

What's cool is that he's letting me pay half and the other half later.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm buying two PSP's from my friend for 10 bucks each because they both have broken screens. It's going to be sweet

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woo, I finally got a psp. Great condition, no scratches, came with a charger, legit 1GB memorystick and 2.5 firmware
biggrin.gif
. All for $80 and a 1GB microSD! All that's missing is the USB cable, Which I'll be getting from my neighbor as soon as he's done putting music onto his cellphone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte