Not open for further replies.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
if a game gets resold 10 times the devloper loses money each time its resold instead of a person buying a new copy

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Second hand sales are always going to be the same.... Ford doesn't get money from a used car sale...

And telling people they can't sell used things, would be environmentally devastating... Dumps can barely keep up with stuff as is.
but piracy has the same effect as used stuff the devloper does not get money from it and one is legal and one is not

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I meant to say they was going something like this... But then all the internet hate made them change they mind.

It's pretty much impossible to "banish" used games on game consoles.
Yes, you can include online keys n what not but not everyone is interested in multiplayer.
Take the console offline and it has no way of verifying if the game is used or not.
Having an offline blacklist wouldn't be an option.
Hundreds of games sell millions of copies, so you'd have a key on the disc that is in the used games blacklist, it'll take a while before the console can even verify it.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
but piracy has the same effect as used stuff the devloper does not get money from it and one is legal and one is not
Just because it has the same effect doesn't mean they are both illegal. You could murder someone in cold blood, which results in a death. Or you could kill someone in self defense, which also results in a death; one is illegal, the other is not.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
eh but the game can be resold infinte times

It still remains a pressed copy.
Circumventing anti piracy on consoles so you can play illegal backups is piracy.
Getting a used game which has been paid for previously isn't piracy.

AGHHHHHHHHHH BUT IT WOULD BREAK AT SOME POINT DAMMIT! IF A PERSON PIRATED YOU CAN USE AN EMULATOR!

Please stop using caplock, looks like you're shouting and it's very annoying.
Thank you.

Reactions: Luglige and nxwing

hacksn5s4

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well it just does not work if piracys was legal cause it would in enoage every one to do it it has to be ilegal to people to make money of their games but the fact that its illgeal does not stop it from happing so if it was legal with copy protection it would not be much diffent since people pirate regurdless of it being legal or not

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
well it just does not work if piracys was legal cause it would in enoage every one to do it it has to be ilegal to people to make money of their games but the fact that its illgeal does not stop it from happing
I mean, do you have a better solution than making it illegal? people will pirate no matter what you do. DRM is the only way around it and it gets cracked.

Reactions: Deleted User

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the developers want money then they have to keep making content. Second hand not no where close to piracy. When you buy second hand you are still buying the same thing. Not a cheap copy that was made someone with a dvd burner. The devs make their money back when the game is $59. Thats why they are that price. Then in 2 years you can buy the same game new for $19. so are you going to say that buying a new game at a reduced price is piracy also?

Look at all this digital stuff, it has no resale value its worthless once purchased. One day used games will not be allowed because there will be no physical media. When that time comes i wont be buying ill be pirating. Or i will wait till the price is $2 and not $60. Perhaps it will never be cheaper, with no second hand market the digital market can be controlled. Look at the Nintendo E-shop. Many over priced games placed on their by the publishers yet the physical is much cheaper even when its still sealed. What do you think will happen when there is no other way to buy it unless its digital. Oh and Steam they are making them games cheap to try and kill consoles. Once consoles are gone then watch the prices rise.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if a game gets resold 10 times the devloper loses money each time its resold instead of a person buying a new copy

People who buy used, either:

• Can't found the game in stores anymore.
  • Want to pay less for playing the game, so they buy it used, or discounted in some shop.
Either way, you can't say for sure people would get the game if it wasn't cheaper than the store copy. In most cases, they wouldn't.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well it just does not work if piracys was legal cause it would in enoage every one to do it it has to be ilegal to people to make money of their games but the fact that its illgeal does not stop it from happing

You're buying a new car for 15 grand.
Two years later, you're getting a new car for another 15 grand.
This continues for 10 years.
You now have 4 unused cars and 1 car in use.

You're selling those 4 cars cause they take up space.

Is this illegal?
No, cause you're getting rid of the things you do not need anymore and other people can use that car.

Now replace "car" with "game"

it's still the same thing.
You're not keeping the original car/game.
It's been paid for, the company/dev got their share.

Reactions: Luglige
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents