Hacking If the DSTT is Dying, What's A Good Alternative?

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Just want to pose this question to all former or current DSTT owners who might have tried other flashcarts. Obviously the turnover rate for firmware updates has taken a hit on the DSTT and its current software doesn't seem up to the task of some of the newer games being released in the current time frame.

If I were to upgrade/buy another cart, what's my best option?

I'm looking for one that has the most compatibility/fastest turnaround with an anti-piracy fix for games and would also like one that's as easy to use as the DSTT. If it had additional features like auto-trimming or auto-alphabetized menus, even better. I've heard a lot of praise for the Acekard II, but what's the general consensus for the best replacement for the DSTT out there today?

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own a DS Phat, with a TTDS, and I have no games that I NEED to have AP removed. When/if I do, I'll probably go with an AK2.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I had a DSTTi - & bricked it trying to update it when Nintendo brought out 1.4 firmware, so brought a M3i0 mainly because it was 'simpler' to upgrade (copy file over/plug in USB cable for power/Wait until LED stops flashing...Finished) and it had similar interface to Moonshell2 (which is one thing I really liked - an 'all-in-one file selector).

But then I went back to the Ak2i I had (had this before the DSTTi, but I was having trouble with lockups on the DSLite, hence buying the DSTTi) - once a fix came out for that

Did this because I found M3i0 had 'limited usage' compared to Moonshell's & it wasn't updated as quickly as the AKAIO loaders

I haven't looked back since then - although I'm tempted in getting a DSTwo when it come out (eventually)

So personally I'll go for a AK2i with AKAIO firmware

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
All card have their flaws. DSTT is not really dead even if official team does not update it anymore it is updated and its still a good bet for the price. I would go for a Supercard myself since the team is supposed to launch out a new card out (SCDS2) it should be kept updated pretty fast.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is far from dead. The custom firmware is being updated about as often as AKAIO. It can play every game. YSmenu is nice and there's a skin changer program for it. The DSTTi can be updated to be used with the DSi 1.4 firmware. It's one of the most produced cards of all time. This card's going to playing the latest games for a lone time.

Bogard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it's dead, as it can still play most games with the unofficial firmware. It would be smart to upgrade to an Acekard2i or another current cart if you want to play any major games in the future, including Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I'll have to get an Acekard2i as well.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pliskron said:
The DSTT is far from dead. The custom firmware is being updated about as often as AKAIO. It can play every game. YSmenu is nice and there's a skin changer program for it. The DSTTi can be updated to be used with the DSi 1.4 firmware. It's one of the most produced cards of all time. This card's going to playing the latest games for a lone time.
+ 1
bow.gif

DSTTi original with RED PCB have a very good made quality, better than acekard 2i or M3i Zero...

less than 1% of defective with this new hardware revision!!!
wub.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Supercard DSonei. Simply the best cart in existence. Also, you won't have to convert any save files.

Most of the new games work even without an AP patch, by running them in clean mode.

Also, it frequently gets updated, unlike the DSTT
tongue.gif

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Supercard DSonei. Simply the best cart in existence. Also, you won't have to convert any save files.

Most of the new games work even without an AP patch, by running them in clean mode.

tongue.gif

Every poeple want to defend their Linker

The question is about DSTT dying, but it is not dying, so no problem with DSTT & DSTTi for now!
(i dont like the menu from the supercard DS One, it is not logical at all!)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bitonio6 said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:

tongue.gif

The question is about DSTT dying, but it is not dying, so no problem with DSTT & DSTTi for now!
It's as logical as possible.

DSTT IS dying, no, it's already dead. The DSTT team stopped updating the firmware long ago, and the unofficial updates are rare.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
bitonio6 said:
Hoverlord Nadrian said:

tongue.gif

It's as logical as possible.

DSTT IS dying, no, it's already dead. The DSTT team stopped updating the firmware long ago, and the unofficial updates are rare.
I thought he quit.
unsure.gif

By the way the SCDSONEi firmware is logical, it even has folders!
ohmy.gif

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Sorry can you repeat???

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=210705

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

The DSTTi Red PCB is one of the best made quality on the market
and with it, you can play a lot of new game!!!

Last update = 2010, 02, 28

Sorry try again
closedeyes.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, the best flash cart to buy right now is the Acekard 2i. However, the DSTT is not dead (yet), so there really isn't any reason to buy a new flash cart. Wait until the DSTT is officially dead, then buy whatever is the most popular one at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.