Hacking If the AKAIO team accepted 'donations' ??

Would you pay them ??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - Depends on the situation

• No - Definately not

• Total voters

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK - firstly a disclaimer

THIS IS NOT FOR REAL - I HAVE NO CONNECTON WITH THE AKAIO TEAM
THEY HAVE NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT DONATIONS OR PAYMENTS FOR SUPPORT
I DO NOT KNOW IF THEY RECEIVE ANYTHING AT ALL FOR AKAIO DEVELOPMENT ALREADY

THIS POST IS JUST FOR MY CURIOSITY....

Anyway,
It seems to me that the AKAIO team seems to spend a LOT of time on their software, developing it, BETA testing, sorting out problems, giving frequent updates etc
They're doing the same job that the offical Acekard software developers (who I guess get paid) but the AKIAO team seem to have a quicker turnaround
They also run a server/forum for extra support and feedback - & despite some whinger's

- it seems they do it all for FREE....whether it's the love of development, the 'fun' of it, a Hobby or whatever that keeps them going - I don't know

All they get in return is a lot of 'Thanks you' posts for their achievements.

So I'm asking - (Remember this is NOTHING offical about this question - it's just my curiosity)
  • If they ever accept donations - would you be willing to pay, no matter how much (or little) just to show your appreciation for all their hard work ?
My answer is - YES.. I would be willing to pay something..although it'll most probably be a one-off small payment

imlgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would donate a few dollars towards there great work, saves me money in games so i may as well donate some of the money im saving
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have got to be kidding!!! Do you read the posts throughout this forum? It's chock-a-block full of people complaing about a $15 outlay for a flashcart or $10 bucks for a msd! I'm sure most (99%) wouldn't chip in a dime (although, no doubt, some would claim that they had donated).
I'm not sure why you would even contemplate creating a thread discussing it....all this "sausage sucking" is really starting to piss me off. If the guys were to ever give up on supporting/enhancing their custom firmware, so be it...the world will still be spinning...there will always be a firmware to run on the AK. If not, there will always be other choices in the marketplace...yada yada yada.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
You have got to be kidding!!! Do you read the posts throughout this forum? It's chock-a-block full of people complaing about a $15 outlay for a flashcart or $10 bucks for a msd! I'm sure most (99%) wouldn't chip in a dime (although, no doubt, some would claim that they had donated).
IMHO - they're just cheapskates
laugh.gif

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I actually asked on their official forums if they had a donation or support button...

I would certainly pay if they accepted it. I believe their software is worth at least as much as the card itself, if not more.

-Atashi

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all the money they save us with AKAIO's great support the least we could do is give a donation

so if they took donations yea i would chip in abit

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
pay every release that makes me able to play the game i want

so for example 1.51 makes it possible to play PS0
pay for 1.51, don't pay everything in between
wait for another release
1.6 make it able to play SS
pay for 1.60

and so on

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought about this before...

And I'd donate straight away cause its thanks to akaio that I'm enjoying my acekard RPG and DS.
I cannot help out with the coding (don't have the skills yet) or design. I'm pretty quiet online so I never get to talk to those involved much to say thanks. I'm not loaded but I'd donate what I could when I had some spare cash etc get paid.

I feel bad sometimes cause I post bug reports, when I think I might have found something. I try to involve myself and hopefully help a bit that way. But I feel like a dickhead don't wanna sound like complaining when I'm not, Id like to give them something towards helping with the continued development of this (for supporting the RPG too) and just to say thank you to the akaio team, seriously without you its fubar.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hell I'd give some, they do 10x more than any other firmware team I've ever seen. They deserve it. The Acekard itself was already cheap and we use it to pirate anyway so give that loose change you would have used on retail games to the AKAIO Team. (wells some of it, cuz that's a lot)

Sadly I'm 15 and can't really give money...

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am myself a programmer (don't have time for DS development, though), I'm also a big fan of freeware and open source, and I try to buy as many games as my budget permits, so, yes, I would really like to give some donation to AKAIO team. I think it's just logical.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure would. I almost never use my Acekard(I prefer my M3i), but the work they've done is amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass