Gaming If that offer was real in your country, would you sell your Wii U and buy a Switch?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yea, I remember this deal was popular in Quebec at EBGames (GameStop elsewhere)
I first saw it for Ps3/Ps4 XB360/XBO games
so, what is the deal :
In short, if you brought a PS3/XB360 game and it was available as a remake or port or such on PS4/XBO
You could exchange it with like 5-10$ for the PS4/XBO version

So, if EBGames/Gamestop or such store offer you the same deal for Wii U games to Switch games
Do you think it'll make your decision to go for switch much more easier?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll never buy any digital console game ever again.
I've bought a few Wii games, 3DS content, etc, only to see the Wii games yanked out of me because Nintendo can't be assed to maintain the store alive, and don't have a possibility for us to make a backup.
At least, with a physical game, I can later sell it, if even for little money.

Reactions: HideoKojima

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already own a Switch, but that would be an awesome trade in offer.

I already own a switch and wouldn't trade my wii u in for less than several sacks full of cash money (large bills, not coins). It's still one of may favorite systems no matter how much it "failed" (yeah all the pile of games I got for it was a real failure... oh snap I couldn't play Port of Snooty from the Xbone/PS4... oh well, I'd rather play Mario 3d World and Bayonetta 2 instead)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I already own a switch and wouldn't trade my wii u in for less than several sacks full of cash money (large bills, not coins). It's still one of may favorite systems no matter how much it "failed" (yeah all the pile of games I got for it was a real failure... oh snap I couldn't play Port of Snooty from the Xbone/PS4... oh well, I'd rather play Mario 3d World and Bayonetta 2 instead)
No no, you have it all wrong. The OP is about if they were to offer a trade in deal for Wii U games to get the Switch ports at a heavy discount.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course no, you can sell your wii u much more expensive than what they will give you. Then you can add less cash and get a switch (should you used up all games on wii u of course othwise keep it, I still have both consoles myself l

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course no, you can sell your wii u much more expensive than what they will give you. Then you can add less cash and get a switch (should you used up all games on wii u of course othwise keep it, I still have both consoles myself l
You got it wrong. Read the OP again
I wasn't talking about selling your wii u (Which is still great for emulation and such)
I was talking about selling wii u game with very small amont of money (about 10$) to get the port/remake on Switch
Considering if this offer was available, would it make you move to switch? Would it make your decision to buy a switch easier?

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got it wrong. Read the OP again
I wasn't talking about selling your wii u (Which is still great for emulation and such)
I was talking about selling wii u game with very small amont of money (about 10$) to get the port/remake on Switch
Considering if this offer was available, would it make you move to switch? Would it make your decision to buy a switch easier?
I think yeah, as long as I don't have both versions I feel better especially that the older version (wii u) brought some money back.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhhhhh I mean it's better than paying full price for the same game that's been out for a few years just because it's got all the content at once or it's got one new character. The Wii U is still worth having around, so unless you were selling your Wii U for some odd reason, I'd say keep them and enjoy them.

Can't appreciate BOTW Switch edition when you've spent 70+ hours in BOTW Wii U Edition on the Gamepad :D

Last edited by Wolfy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night