If SD card inserted the wii wont boot on

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sao Mortel, Aug 22, 2010.

Aug 22, 2010
  1. Sao Mortel
    OP

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I have latest bootmii installed as boot2. I found a way around this if i put bootmii files on the sd card and autoboot to system channel. This wii that was on 4.3 when i bought it and i downgraded to 4.2.???? Its weird i think. If nothing is in the sd slot it will boot normally

2. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    its the bootmii folder on your sd card.

erase it or rename the folder.

3. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Either update your bootmii files (through hackmii installer, "prepare sd card") or get rid of the bootmii files

4. Sao Mortel
    OP

Canada
    Thanks guys but its not Even if i put a empty microsd-sd adapter it wont boot...
    Its not the card because i have another wii that does not act the same

5. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    I'm a little confused with what you have said [​IMG] . I understand from the topic title, that your Wii will not boot when your SD card is inserted. But then you say "I found a way around this if i put bootmii files on the sd card and autoboot to system channel." which mean your Wii will boot when an SD card is inserted... But again you say later in your second post that inserting an empty micro-SD adaptor (no card in adaptor) your Wii will not boot as well...

Confusion aside, if I had to guess what is wrong, I'd say that you either have BootMii Beta5 installed which had a timer delay bug in it, or may have Priiloader installed and it is pointing to a missing or corrupt application. If you are running BootMii Beta5, upgrade to BootMii Beta6 by running the HackMii Installer v0.8 from here. You just need to run it and exit as just by running the installer the BootMii files will be updated on your SD card if they are old. If you have Priiloader installed, start up Priiloader (hold reset button when booting up Wii) and see what you have it set up to launch automatically and set it to what you want it to start then check to see if that application is there and not corrupt.

Post back if the above helps...

-[]D

6. Sao Mortel
    OP

Canada
    Sorry for confusing you but it indeed worked as you said. Thanks PPSainity. I was on bootmii beta5 which was causing this trouble. People like you make this world better...

7. haazzaa

Newcomer haazzaa Newbie

Australia
    HI all,

I am trying to load some file on my wii from http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wii/wode/42wodeflow.zip as i want the homebrew channel to work on wii, but it is not recognizing my sd card when i plug it in.
    To be specific the wii knows there an sd card in the slot, when i go in through data management and select the sd card it see know files?
    The SD card is formatted to FAT.
    Wii version 3.4 E
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Haazzaa