Hacking If said switch is banned, would you be able to redownload owned eshop games on another console?

Jackson98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Basically all in the title. To clarify though, I'm putting out to anyone that has had their console hacked(or anyone that knows) if it was possible to reactivate your account on another console and have all your old preowned eshop games on it? My main use of the switch is for homebrew emulation(I dont care much about piracy).
If this was possible however, even if you couldn't activate your old accounts online features from the new console, you could create another account to play online and use the banned accounts eshop games? In theory?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically all in the title. To clarify though, I'm putting out to anyone that has had their console hacked(or anyone that knows) if it was possible to reactivate your account on another console and have all your old preowned eshop games on it? My main use of the switch is for homebrew emulation(I dont care much about piracy).
If this was possible however, even if you couldn't activate your old accounts online features from the new console, you could create another account to play online and use the banned accounts eshop games? In theory?
No because account r system locked

Jackson98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No because account r system locked

Ya I figured as much too... I just thought considering you own the games, their might have been another way around :P? This really interested me because I download a lot from the eshop, its one thing having to buy another tablet, but a complete different thing having to repurchase every game you've already paid for to play them online. Who knows though, nintendo might not punish emulation as they haven't done so in the past, as they haven't bothered to give people with a virtual console currently.

Last edited by Jackson98,

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That depends on the country or place you live, in European Union if im not wrong, that i might be wrong, betwen 2 years of the buy of these games, nintendo is obligated to offer them to you one way or another, does not matter the TOS or bans, is legally obligated to offer you a way to obtain those games.
All said i can be wrong im not an expert, but that is what i heard.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We only know that when Shiny Quagsire, whose console got banned because he messed with Nintendo's CDN), logged in with his old account on a new console, the new console got banned as well.
However it is possible he got banned because he used PegaSwitch on his new console just before logging in.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-switch-banning-situation.504995/

So not only you won't be able to play your games on a new console, but just logging in may get it insta-banned as well!

Jackson98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We only know that when Shiny Quagsire, whose console got banned because he messed with Nintendo's CDN), logged in with his old account on a new console, the new console got banned as well.
However it is possible he got banned because he used PegaSwitch on his new console just before logging in.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-switch-banning-situation.504995/

So not only you won't be able to play your games on a new console, but just logging in may get it insta-banned as well!

If I recall correctly shinyquagsires new console didn't get banned, he just thought if he reactivated the account on the new console he would be able to use the online service. His main account was banned on all consoles basically, I'm pretty sure his new console wasn't banned from using other accounts with the online service.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you have the tickets, I am sure it would be possible in the future to download a non official nsp and install it on your console. But you just have to backup your NAND + SD Card :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality