Hacking if my Wii u are brick my gamepad are brick too ?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I ask thi because i want buy +1 gamepad
The gamepad is just a screen, 2 speackers, some keys and a wifi board. So breaking WiiU doesn't break gamepad that can be used on other WiiUs and breaking Gamepad obviously doesn't break WiiU, where you can buy a replacement gamepad.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking from recent experience, if your gamepad is bricked, the console will still turn on, and you can navigate the main menu with a wiimote, but it won't let you start anything which requires the gamepad (which includes system settings, and all the eshop games I legitimately own). You can actually start the browser, but there's not much point unless you like staring at a pair of curtains.

Last edited by hippy dave,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wii U Gamepad is just a bluetooth receiver, it does have a firmware of its own and everything but it's not hard-linked to your Wii U in any sense if I'm not mistaken.

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just before the wii U came out I was talking to a Nintendo rep and he was telling me the Wii U was originally slated to support 2 pads. The bandwidth is there. So in theory we would have been able to go out and buy another pad and link it. I bought my Wii U at release and I had to put in a code to link it to the console. The pad is still good, but its not going to do anything until it has a working linked console to send it information.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Wii U Gamepad is just a bluetooth receiver, it does have a firmware of its own and everything but it's not hard-linked to your Wii U in any sense if I'm not mistaken.
it IS hard linked to your console, and that's the cause that if you buy a gamepad off ebay it will not onnect to your wii u (i think, i once readed this)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it IS hard linked to your console, and that's the cause that if you buy a gamepad off ebay it will not onnect to your wii u (i think, i once readed this)
no it isnt you just have to reset it... like any other controller you hut reset and connect to a new wiiu.

you can use wiimote or the wiiu pro controller to nabigate the wiiu menu and choose stuff, i think on 5.5.0 they even added the wiiupro option to use on system settings due to high request for this being gamepad only.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think on 5.5.0 they even added the wiiupro option to use on system settings due to high request for this being gamepad only.
Nope, as far as I know it only patched homebrew stuff and maybe removed the TVii icon from the Home Menu (that might've been 5.4.0 though)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, the gamepad will only be bricked if you do something during a gamepad firmware update.

Otherwise you can pair it with a new console as long as it's the same region due to region restrictions.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit if the console are bricked the pad are bricked?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
No. The two have completely separate firmware. Unless you were messing with the firmware files for the gamepad, there is no way it is "bricked" in the way we traditionally talk about bricking in the hacking community. You can buy a new gamepad and connect it to your working system, or you can buy a new system and connect your working gamepad, whichever the case may be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs