if my phone can emulate wii why cant switch

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even iphone se thats waaaay less than 1000 dollars is way faster than switch
if only iphones weren't trash overpriced phones. the bottleneck on switch when it comes to Gamecube/WII is the CPU which most modern phones have a better CPU but have far worse GPU capabilities. HOS retroarch is limited by its lack of Vulkan while other operating systems like Lakka are limited by the fact they are more demanding than HOS. add on top of that the fact Nvidia is known not to play well with Linux. Hell the Tegra X1 CAN even emulate PS2 fairly well BUT switch doesn't have a proper app to do that.

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: ber71

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
...How are the Nintendo emulators these days anyways? I stopped using them a while back since the Virtual Console days, but with Nintendo now doing this NSO BS, might get back into it. Just realized that the Steam Deck can do more than just Steam, might throw some emulators on there for some GCN games, maybe a couple of Wii and Wii U games.

But yeah, in the past I've always ran into emulator issues, graphical bugs, audio bugs, lag, and crashes. (especially with N64 and PSP)

Apparently they are quite good. I don't know myself as I use a Wii U which is several shades of awesome. Steam Deck however is a portable PC and PC emulators are always best developed plus its got enough spec to handle it so it should be cool.

Surprised no one has modded the SMS emulator out of the 3D collection yet as that would be the easiest way. Can't imagine playing Wii games would be any good without the Wiimote and Chuk though.

Viva la Wii U!

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently they are quite good. I don't know myself as I use a Wii U which is several shades of awesome. Steam Deck however is a portable PC and PC emulators are always best developed plus its got enough spec to handle it so it should be cool.

Surprised no one has modded the SMS emulator out of the 3D collection yet as that would be the easiest way. Can't imagine playing Wii games would be any good without the Wiimote and Chuk though.

Viva la Wii U!
...Honestly I looked up some of them, and what the Deck's OS actually is. Hard to really say if all emulators will work on it...? We'll have to wait and see I guess.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Honestly I looked up some of them, and what the Deck's OS actually is. Hard to really say if all emulators will work on it...? We'll have to wait and see I guess.
its not only limited to steam OS you can put any OS you want on it but if you want a top of the line handheld for emulating you would want something like the MUCH more expensive AYANEO NEXT which can even emulate consoles like Xbox 360 and PS3

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not only limited to steam OS you can put any OS you want on it but if you want a top of the line handheld for emulating you would want something like the MUCH more expensive AYANEO NEXT which can even emulate consoles like Xbox 360 and PS3
Eh, I just want N64, GCN and maybe a Wii U game or so...possible DS/3DS though the games I want from the 3DS apparently have issues. (MH4U)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo