Gaming If Mario Kart Wii happens to use IOS37 ....

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
superrob said:
thebobevil said:
bailli said:
thebobevil said:
oh well, might be time for you to start buying some of your games, then lol

We are talking about games that don't work without patching (whether it's an original or not)...

Of course originals work without patching ... what a silly thing for you to say.
Hes talking about different region games.

Currently, I use FreeLoader to run US & Japanese games on my PAL Wii ... and, if, in the future, they block FreeLoader, and, if, Datel don't produce a working replacement, then I'll just have to break down a buy a US Wii ... I only have one Japanese game, so I can't see myself feeling compelled to buy a Japanese Wii, also.

There is a lot of talk, by a lot of people, about buying originals, and supporting the industry, but an awful lot of people seem to think that piracy is a right, and that the concept of buying originals never even crosses their minds ... people who get downright angry when something stops them playing a pirated game.

I play copies on my PC, my DS, my PS2, my PS1, my Xbox & my PSP ... and on many other, older machines, too ... but on my 360, PS3 & Wii, I stick to originals ... I'm not preaching to people, just pointing out that I get my money's worth out of the industry, and am happy to give something back.

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AlerekNightfall said:
my strategy is to buy the game so I can get the wheel
tongue.gif

how much can it help though, discussing theory? Any planned strategy on how to dump/modify/etc the game to make all the features work would change when the game releases anyway, right? how much can you plan for an unknown?

What will change is that you might play it almost right away, instead of waiting for hours, or even days (yes, sometimes games are released in some regions DAYS before official release date).

As i already said, i think the combo WUM to remove the update + IOSPatcher to make sure it boots IOS30 will make sure everyone of us can play MKWii on their own without any worries.
Anyone can confirm this is possible?
smile.gif

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
kknn said:
AlerekNightfall said:
my strategy is to buy the game so I can get the wheel
tongue.gif

how much can it help though, discussing theory? Any planned strategy on how to dump/modify/etc the game to make all the features work would change when the game releases anyway, right? how much can you plan for an unknown?

What will change is that you might play it almost right away, instead of waiting for hours, or even days (yes, sometimes games are released in some regions DAYS before official release date).

As i already said, i think the combo WUM to remove the update + IOSPatcher to make sure it boots IOS30 will make sure everyone of us can play MKWii on their own without any worries.
Anyone can confirm this is possible?
smile.gif

My point being that Ninty may have even more new modifications to prevent the piracy of it, and theres pretty much no way to anticipate if those changes will happen, and what will need to be done to remedy those.

It just sounds a lot like trying to plan a modchip for the playstation 4 to me.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont be long, just be patient.
The game might yet be leaked and we may resolve the issue (IF THERE EVEN IS ONE.) by release date. Just think positive!

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AlerekNightfall said:
My point being that Ninty may have even more new modifications to prevent the piracy of it, and theres pretty much no way to anticipate if those changes will happen, and what will need to be done to remedy those.

It just sounds a lot like trying to plan a modchip for the playstation 4 to me.

Thats a totally different thing. And of course, we can't do anything to prevent a new copy protection mechanism except wait and see.
But if you actually read my posts, you will see that i'm talking about something *very* specific here. And its something which we can already test
with existing ISOs. There is nothing that far outfetched as you claim it to be
tongue.gif

Some of us have already done some wii reversing, we know how the updates are structured and more or less how they work. That should be enough to
guess (if not know) what we should do to play without having to worry about the IOS37 IMPLEMENTATION. No future unknown stuff here.

Now, if anybody has any other solutions or ideas to propose, i'll be glad to hear them
grog.gif
. That's what this thread was meant for after all
wink.gif

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here is an idea:

- Remove wii system update with a modified __update.ini
- Let the update run
- Play a brickblocked copy

That should work regardless of the game using IOS37 or not. (Well okay you cannnot patch the game itself if it uses IOS37 but everything else is unaffected)
The problem I can see is that the current wii system menu is not compatible with the mario kart channel (meaning the system menu is necassary for the new channel).

On the other hand I don't think that the game includes IOS37. It is just "too old" IMHO to include the trucha bugfix...

kknn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bailli said:
Here is an idea:

- Let the update run

That should work regardless of the game using IOS37 or not. (Well okay you cannnot patch the game itself if it uses IOS37 but everything else is unaffected)
The problem I can see is that the current wii system menu is not compatible with the mario kart channel (meaning the system menu is necassary for the new channel).

On the other hand I don't think that the game includes IOS37. It is just "too old" IMHO to include the trucha bugfix...

Now thats talking!
smile.gif

yeah, i think that trick with the brickblock would work.
However, take into account, if MK uses IOS37 and you dont update, you wont get IOS37, meaning it will surely not run.
Thats why i think you would need to patch MK to use an IOS which you do have in your wii.
But if you recently updated and the update provides you with IOS37, it would be just like you say
smile.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
bailli said:
Here is an idea:

- Let the update run

Youre not the first one with that idea.

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping so much that it contains 3.2J and nothing else - that way it will fix my SSBB semi-brick, and leave my Wii free to never need to update.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
mwaddoups said:
I'm hoping so much that it contains 3.2J and nothing else - that way it will fix my SSBB semi-brick, and leave my Wii free to never need to update.
You are from Europe?
Then why would you want a 3.2J?

You would need 3.2E
wink.gif

And if the game updates the Wii Menu to use IOS37 it propperly updates to 3.3 or maybe 4.0 no one knows right know.

But its only 8 days left!

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
creepingcreep said:
Picking this up again

What about this new wiikey update blocker?

well, it should work properly if you're using an untouched iso, i guess.

by the way, i preordered two racing-wheels. it just has to work!
unsure.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As many said already, Mario kart may have and old firmware because the Trucha is only a recent matter.

I'm just thinking, maybe Mario kart will have an IOS37, but the first one without the Trucha fix.

On 20 march, the WiiWare update was also an IOS37 right ? or a late 36 ?
On 21 march then Nintendo updated the IOS37 with the trucha fix in it.
What I think is there are 2 IOS37 version. (Correct me if I'm wrong. but I think IOS37 is a new needed Wiimenu for WiiWare. so the update from 20 march was already 37, just not activated yet because no WiiWare available)

If there is an IOS37 on mariokart, we will need to wait for Bushing to tell us if it contains the fix or not.
If not, it will be a good update for WiiWare and to keep Trucha signing
grog.gif

So, wait and see
The game we feared could be our savior
tongue.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Cyan said:
As many said already, Mario kart may have and old firmware because the Trucha is only a recent matter.

I'm just thinking, maybe Mario kart will have an IOS37, but the first one without the Trucha fix.

On 20 march, the WiiWare update was also an IOS37 right ? or a late 36 ?
On 21 march then Nintendo updated the IOS37 with the trucha fix in it.
What I think is there are 2 IOS37 version. (Correct me if I'm wrong. but I think IOS37 is a new needed Wiimenu for WiiWare. so the update from 20 march was already 37, just not activated yet because no WiiWare available)

If there is an IOS37 on mariokart, we will need to wait for Bushing to tell us if it contains the fix or not.
If not, it will be a good update for WiiWare and to keep Trucha signing
grog.gif

So, wait and see
The game we feared could be our savior
tongue.gif
Well and btw IOS37 isn't released for europe jet.
So maybe we are lucky and we finaly get something later than US that is good to wait for
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM