Gaming If it were up to me...

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We would have a new Eternal Darkness game for the wii u, I remember playing Sanity's Requim on the gamecube (in the middle of the night, freaking out) and it really was a great game. What better way to showcase the power of the new system then by scaring the bejesus out of the gamers.

Reactions: 1 person

Hanks6

Trophies
XP
Country
good idea some type of experimental horror game would be amazing, lots of possibilities with the controller. scary stuff is so perfectly translated to visual entertainment, transcends language and cultural barriers.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not "some type", specifically the Eternal Darkness series, it's one of the creepiest games ever made in my opinion and I'm not easily startled by games or movies

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Then get ready for some horror: Silicon knights (the makers of Eternal Darkness) had to lay off half their staff recently (sorry...too lazy to look for the source now). So the chances of a sequel are pretty slim.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then get ready for some horror: Silicon knights (the makers of Eternal Darkness) had to lay off half their staff recently (sorry...too lazy to look for the source now). So the chances of a sequel are pretty slim.
When they made that game they had a lot less staff then they even have now, they had some Canadian hand out sometime after the MGS remake and they ended up hiring a ton of people. Even after the X-Men game bombed and they had to lay off staff they still have more now.

However it is slim that we'll see a sequel, its currently down to Nintendo. While Nintendo does need SK to say "ok" as they own half the rights, its Nintendo who so far hasn't asked for it to be made. SK have recently said that they wanted to do it.

Personally I'd rather a better developer get to it (imagine how amazing it would be if Retro did it? Really I want them to do a sequel after they get a chance to do a new IP), SK have taken years to make their last couple of games and both of those ended up to be pretty bad. The way SK are going if Nintendo ever wanted a sequel they'd be glad to let another dev do it just so they can get some funds for more crappy projects...especially since they've yet to receive that 2.5 million hand out they were award last year.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they made that game they had a lot less staff then they even have now, they had some Canadian hand out sometime after the MGS remake and they ended up hiring a ton of people. Even after the X-Men game bombed and they had to lay off staff they still have more now.

However it is slim that we'll see a sequel, its currently down to Nintendo. While Nintendo does need SK to say "ok" as they own half the rights, its Nintendo who so far hasn't asked for it to be made. SK have recently said that they wanted to do it.

Personally I'd rather a better developer get to it (imagine how amazing it would be if Retro did it? Really I want them to do a sequel after they get a chance to do a new IP), SK have taken years to make their last couple of games and both of those ended up to be pretty bad. The way SK are going if Nintendo ever wanted a sequel they'd be glad to let another dev do it just so they can get some funds for more crappy projects...especially since they've yet to receive that 2.5 million hand out they were award last year.

You're right, SK has really only made 2 games that were good, MGS the twin snakes (which was really only a remake) and Eternal Darkness. I would rather nintendo buy full rights and sell it off to a fantastic developer, but I haven't really decided who it is that I want to make a new ED game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"