Gaming If it was up to, you what DLC would you add to 3DS games?

roastable

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sonic Generations DLC!
So that way, we can play EVRY SANNIC STAGE IN EGSITANCEEEE on one platform.

EDIT: Wow, great way to use 100th post... lol

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd throw a couple bucks at them if they'd release the DOA costumes as a DLC pack since I missed some. Making Samus a downloadable playable character would be awesome since she already has a cameo appearance.
Multiplayer or some type of streetpass connectivity at least for OOT.
Heroes of ruin had better get some DLC.
Extra levels and more multiplayer game types for Kid Icarus. Some new weapons too.
I hope they will eventually offer actual DLC like this and not just bug fixes.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A cameo, but not PLAYABLE CHARACTER.
And she only shows up on ridley stage in morphball form IF you figure out how to make her show up. While they're at it, they could make diskette into a bonus boss. :)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New characters for SSBros. when it comes, if new franchises come after or they run out of development time/storage space. Definitely new stages, music. Mario Kart 7 tracks, game modes maybe. Blue shell fix too.

EDIT: But seriously, Paid DLC (though it can be good if it is well done and has enough content i.e Dawngaurd, Shivering Isles) is one step behind Day One DLC and that is one step behind Microtransactions in the list of what is ruining modern gaming.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revisited map pack for RE Revelations (maps from RE1, 2, 3 etc etc) and new outfit, maybe a voice chat feature. Having only 4 commands is boring although it gets funny at times (anyone with Jessica can have a "dirty" conversation)

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And nothing is wrong with simple additions to games that are already complete from the start. Its when they do shit like putting it on disc and then making you buy it thats fucked up.
*Points at day-one DLC*
>_> Thats what I was talking about...
Well that's even worse then.
Considering that on-disc DLC is arguably better than day-one DLC.
I'm guessing this is aimed at the SFxTK issue that Capcom pulled recently?

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And nothing is wrong with simple additions to games that are already complete from the start. Its when they do shit like putting it on disc and then making you buy it thats fucked up.
*Points at day-one DLC*
...what? I was saying when they hold back features of a game so they sell it as extra content its messed up thats all. Most often this is in the form of both on-disc DLC and day-on DLC.

D

Deleted-236924

*Points at day-one DLC*
...what? I was saying when they hold back features of a game so they sell it as extra content its messed up thats all.
You never said anything about day-one DLC, you only mentioned on-disc DLC.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Points at day-one DLC*
...what? I was saying when they hold back features of a game so they sell it as extra content its messed up thats all.
I would think it is implied seeing as both are usually done for similar reasons.

D

Deleted-236924

*Points at day-one DLC*
I would think it is implied seeing as both are usually done for similar reasons.
You said that there's nothing wrong with simple additions to games that are complete from the start, then you say that on-disc DLC is wrong.
Day-one DLC is a simple addition to a game that is complete from the start, and then you say that it's the same as on-disc DLC.
Wut.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason day one dlc or early dlc is done for most companies is people will sell or stop playing their games after they complete it so the best chance they get to sell it is at the start. Some games have MP maps that sell well but others don't have such a advantage and DLC can be made when MS and Sony are testing the games to check the quality which makes me question how some games are allowed.

Outside of EA, THQ, Tecmo Koei, Capcom, Square Enix and Namco Bandai not many companies do on disc DLC frequently and even then it locks mostly costumes, weapons and some random missions in Warrior games. Capcom does some BS but said they rethink it so hopefully they will try to fix the current problems with RE6 DLC which may split the MP community or at least answer some concerns about it. Some might withhold content and not tell the truth about it but that is something you cannot stop.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You said that there's nothing wrong with simple additions to games that are complete from the start, then you say that on-disc DLC is wrong.
Day-one DLC is a simple addition to a game that is complete from the start, and then you say that it's the same as on-disc DLC.
Wut.
He was quite obviously talking about additions to an already-complete game that WEREN'T part of the already-complete game, and made afterward (think of Raam's Shadow from GoW3, for example). Seems pretty obvious to me.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut.
He was quite obviously talking about additions to an already-complete game that WEREN'T part of the already-complete game, and made afterward (think of Raam's Shadow from GoW3, for example). Seems pretty obvious to me.
You got it again :P

I don't think DLC that's made as an expansion of the game itself is bad, its when devs purposely hold content back from the game so they can offer it as on disc or day one DLC that its messed up, apparently people cant sense simple grammatical errors :/

D

Deleted-236924

Wut.
Yes, but he didn't mention day-one DLC, so I pointed it out.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like some downloadable AR games on the 3DS. Sort of what the Vita has where you can buy them for cheap, and download the free ones on the Store.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like some downloadable AR games on the 3DS. Sort of what the Vita has where you can buy them for cheap, and download the free ones on the Store.
Yeah, Nintendo pretty much ignored AR games aside from the ones built in, plus the AR feature in Kid Icarus: Uprising...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: