If I want to drive...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ConraDargo, Jan 29, 2007.

?

What racing game should I get?

1. Excite Truck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GT Pro Series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Monster 4x4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Need for Speed: Carbon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neither - see my reply to find out why

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ConraDargo
    OP

ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    Last week a fellow-worker came by my desk and adviced me to get Need for Speed: Carbon for my Wii after getting it himself. Told me the graphics was great and while steering took some time to get used to (didn't use a wheel but Wiimote only), it worked out extremely well once you got the hang of it and had a great feeling over it.

But having looked the game up on GameRankings I find that it only has an average ratio of 64%... So now I'm thinking about getting something else instead (yes, I'm a ratings-whore) because I definitaly want to try out the steering wheel [​IMG] Plus my girlfriend love racing games and I thought I'd get her something to play seeing how she's uninterested in my copy of Twilight Princess [​IMG]

What would you recommend? And it is ok to vote for NfS: Carbon, please do your best to try and convince me that the 64% avg. ratio is rubbish.

2. Azimuth

Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Feb 23, 2006
    Canada
    no brainer, excite truck!

3. ConraDargo
    OP

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    Ah yes, Excite Truck. I'm not surprised to see that so far - people have voted for the game which has the highest avg. ratio among these four ^^ Proves that these numbers are to be trusted [​IMG]

4. Hitto

Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

Nov 29, 2005
    France
    Nice, France
    I'll be keeping an eye on this topic - I read some good things about nfs on some blog, but excitetruck looks like it's worth the damn wait.

5. squirt1000

squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

Banned
    Jul 14, 2003
    Devon, UK
    I too am waiting for a euro release of excite truck! Looking good from what ive read and seen so far [​IMG]

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Only thing that's getting me excited about Excite Trucks is the whole custom background music thing.

7. ConraDargo
    OP

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    Looks like I'll be driving Excite Truck in a very nearby future! Thanks for voting and speaking your mind [​IMG]

8. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    Excite Truck FTW. NEVER EVER EVER buy GT Pro or Monster 4x4. NFS: Carbon is okay I guess.

*hopes for a Midnight Club Wii*

9. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Excitetrucks is one of the reasons I bought my Wii from the US - 'screw waiting 3 months for that' I thought. It's not the most polished game but the gameplay totally rocks, definately worth picking up. [​IMG]

10. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto, Ont.
    I rented NFS and played some other titles over the weekend... I want my full refund on that rental... UGH.

Excite truck is the best, I went right out and bought a copy. Definatly worth having around, fully beaten the game but I still play it. It gets so damn intense. Plus having your own music tracks helps too!