If I want to drive...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ConraDargo, Jan 29, 2007.

?

What racing game should I get?

1. Excite Truck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GT Pro Series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Monster 4x4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Need for Speed: Carbon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Neither - see my reply to find out why

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 29, 2007

If I want to drive... by ConraDargo at 9:24 AM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. ConraDargo
    OP

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Last week a fellow-worker came by my desk and adviced me to get Need for Speed: Carbon for my Wii after getting it himself. Told me the graphics was great and while steering took some time to get used to (didn't use a wheel but Wiimote only), it worked out extremely well once you got the hang of it and had a great feeling over it.

But having looked the game up on GameRankings I find that it only has an average ratio of 64%... So now I'm thinking about getting something else instead (yes, I'm a ratings-whore) because I definitaly want to try out the steering wheel [​IMG] Plus my girlfriend love racing games and I thought I'd get her something to play seeing how she's uninterested in my copy of Twilight Princess [​IMG]

What would you recommend? And it is ok to vote for NfS: Carbon, please do your best to try and convince me that the 64% avg. ratio is rubbish.

2. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    no brainer, excite truck!

3. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    Ah yes, Excite Truck. I'm not surprised to see that so far - people have voted for the game which has the highest avg. ratio among these four ^^ Proves that these numbers are to be trusted [​IMG]

4. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    I'll be keeping an eye on this topic - I read some good things about nfs on some blog, but excitetruck looks like it's worth the damn wait.

5. squirt1000

Banned squirt1000 Would rather have a cup of Tea!

United Kingdom
    I too am waiting for a euro release of excite truck! Looking good from what ive read and seen so far [​IMG]

6. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Only thing that's getting me excited about Excite Trucks is the whole custom background music thing.

7. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    Looks like I'll be driving Excite Truck in a very nearby future! Thanks for voting and speaking your mind [​IMG]

8. ShadowXP

Member ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

United Kingdom
    Excite Truck FTW. NEVER EVER EVER buy GT Pro or Monster 4x4. NFS: Carbon is okay I guess.

*hopes for a Midnight Club Wii*

9. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Excitetrucks is one of the reasons I bought my Wii from the US - 'screw waiting 3 months for that' I thought. It's not the most polished game but the gameplay totally rocks, definately worth picking up. [​IMG]

10. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I rented NFS and played some other titles over the weekend... I want my full refund on that rental... UGH.

Excite truck is the best, I went right out and bought a copy. Definatly worth having around, fully beaten the game but I still play it. It gets so damn intense. Plus having your own music tracks helps too!