If I update my O3DS XL to 11 do I need to redo the homebrew process?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Curtis Lister, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Curtis Lister
    OP

Curtis Lister Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    Canada
    With Sun and Moon out I want to kess around with PKHeX and I have my O3DS homebrewed but I need to update to 11 to do so. It is 10.5 now I believe and if I do need to redo the process is there a way to do so. This far I installed broswerhax and just need to hold the L button when booting up.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

2. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    do you have cfw? if not, install some BEFORE you update. You can go the emunand route or the A9LH route if you do not already have any. There are plenty of guides out there. A9LH is much more seamless, yet requires two downgrades, while emunand only requires one, yet is not as seamless (and takes up a bit more space on the sd card).
    if you already have cfw:
    A9LH: as long as luma is up to date you should be fine.
    Emunand: for RxTools, i think you will be fine, but again, thats not 100% sure, so a switch of cfw MAY NOT BE NECESSARY. For luma, same as A9LH.

Last edited by TimX24968B, Nov 20, 2016
  3. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah it at a low enough firmware to downgrade and install cfw easily. There are many tutorials on the site and lots of videos on YouTube on doing it

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk