Hacking If I uninstall tinfoil and the games I installed with it, can I use the Nintendo Online services without my switch getting banned?

Huneter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I want to play online again but I don't want to reset my nand or anything, if I uninstall tinfoil will I be able to play online without getting banned?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using an emuNAND for your CFW? EmuNAND for nsps installation, and clean sysNAND for playing online, with legit bought games, of course. That would be the safest way to play online without risking a ban.

Huneter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Are you using an emuNAND for your CFW? EmuNAND for nsps installation, and clean sysNAND for playing online, with legit bought games, of course. That would be the safest way to play online without risking a ban.
I'm not using emuNAND. I might wipe my sysNAND so then I can go online with it and then make and emuNAND. Is there any way I can backup my sysNAND then create an emuNAND and use the backup of my sysNAND on the emuNAND?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not using emuNAND. I might wipe my sysNAND so then I can go online with it and then make and emuNAND. Is there any way I can backup my sysNAND then create an emuNAND and use the backup of my sysNAND on the emuNAND?
Sure, you can do all that, but there's no guarantee that you won't get a ban. If you went online before messing around with tinfoil and nsp installation, and you didn't make a NAND backup that you could flash back, your sysNAND is dirty and would probably be flagged if you go online again, no matter if you delete the pirated games or not.

Reactions: mikefor20

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, you can do all that, but there's no guarantee that you won't get a ban. If you went online before messing around with tinfoil and nsp installation, and you didn't make a NAND backup that you could flash back, your sysNAND is dirty and would probably be flagged if you go online again, no matter if you delete the pirated games or not.
I manually cleaned my sysnand due to a faulty backup back in 2019 and I never got banned for it. As long as you completely wipe the system using a NAND editor and only copy over OS files you should be fine

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Your sysnand is dirty already if you installed any nsp, you must either restore a nand backup of before you even installed cfw, or use a nand cleaner tool someone released in these forums somewhere, I can't find it in the new layout but it's there lol

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never heard about the NAND cleaner tool. Interesting development for sure! But the problem I see, is that if you went online before any hacking done, Nintendo has a snapshot of your system at that moment. It seems to me it would be pretty hard to match that snapshot if you go online again, without a NAND backup to restore, even using the cleaning tool.

Huneter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Never heard about the NAND cleaner tool. Interesting development for sure! But the problem I see, is that if you went online before any hacking done, Nintendo has a snapshot of your system at that moment. It seems to me it would be pretty hard to match that snapshot if you go online again, without a NAND backup to restore, even using the cleaning tool.
I was banned for restoring an earlier nand that didn't match

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for 100% guarantees on that, You'll be hard-pressed to find them without a legit sysNAND backup prior to any homebrew or game install activity being logged.... The cleaner may work but it can only scrub your system so clean, Nintendo has all kinds of sneaky ways to parse unit data activity via erpt back to the home server as soon as you connect back to it with your switch.. Some are circumvented with tools or CFW features, but we haven't gotten their seecurity obscurification down to a science yet, so there is always risks...

In any case,.. godspeed., if you decide to go for it anyways.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou