If I uninstall Haxchi/CBHC does the DS game remain?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Syxx6, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Syxx6
    OP

Syxx6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    Canada
    Can I uninstall (load up CBHC, press B) then move my DS game and reinstall CBHC?

Basically the tutorial I followed DID NOT mention to move the DS VC game to a safe spot before installing and it's right dead center on my main page.

I want to avoid a brick from moving it. Can anyone verify?

2. LaPingas

LaPingas FGC Monster

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    If you're talking about moving the game in the home menu, it is safe and just a fake rumor like the rumor that says you can't play online with 3ds/Wii U pirated games.
    If you have CBHC DONT DELETE THE GAME YOU'LL GET A BRICK. I didn't hear about a method to delete CBHC safely so you're basically stuck with CBHC installed.

3. marchrius

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    You can move the icon wherever you want, I recommend one screen before the last right page inside a folder. You just MUST not move/delete the actual app from the data management in settings.

4. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Just move it anywhere on the screen (i put mine to the furthest right of screen) It was a fake rumor about bricking when moving it, so ignore that. Just don't delete, move it to USB, etc.

5. Syxx6
    OP

Syxx6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    Canada
    Ah so it meant not to move STORAGE location, not moving the icon. I'm assuming it was something lost in confusion.

Thanks guys!

OrGoN3 likes this.
  6. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Yup. A perfect example of lost in translation. I helped my buddy CBHC his WiiU last week and he had the same worry. I told him it was a poor translation that meant to not move it from NAND to USB, or to modify it in any way. On the home screen, it can be put anywhere. Put it on the last page, in a folder labeled "DO NOT TOUCH".

7. Syxx6
    OP

Syxx6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2014
    Canada
    Woops, yes lost in translation - autocorrect strikes again.

If anyone does wonder, before I read the responses here.

I loaded up CBHC - Pressed B at prompt to uninstall - rebooted - verified 5.5.1 FW via options - moved the icon to last page + folder -
    DSVC game did remain but it was the CBHC icon still - Loaded up via Browser - Ran Haxchi - Icon now Haxchi - Ran CBHC and installed via A - rebooted and worked fine.

So for anyone wondering the DS game does remain but obviously is not playable and can be used to re apply Haxchi and CBHC.