If i reside in Japan, would my Google and Playstation accounts become Japanese?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As it turns out, certain content from the Google Play and Playstation Stores are locked behind "Japanese accounts", Japanese accounts can only be obtained by signing up for said services whilst residing in the country of Japan.

My question is, if i were to be in Japan, with no use of any VPN services, could my Google and Playstation accounts become upgraded to Japanese accounts in order to buy the exclusive stuff from the stores? Or do i have to create new accounts entirely?

(P.S Does this apply to Amazon and Netflix as well?)

Last edited by Deleted member 386356,

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
According to this article, your account is linked to the country specified in the billing address of the primary payment method in the Google wallet which is attached to your Google Play account. Therefore, if you move to Japan and update your billing information, your Play Store "region" should change, too.

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
According to this article, your account is linked to the country specified in the billing address of the primary payment method in the Google wallet which is attached to your Google Play account. Therefore, if you move to Japan and update your billing information, your Play Store "region" should change, too.
Ah ok, and i assume this applies to the other services as well.
Thanks.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ah ok, and i assume this applies to the other services as well.
Thanks.

I doubt it. I'm sure other services have their own policies. I don't have any dealings with Playstation or Amazon. I believe Netflix use your IP address to determine your location (ie I live in Thailand, so without using a VPN the amount of content available is more limited than other countries)

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt it. I'm sure other services have their own policies. I don't have any dealings with Playstation or Amazon. I believe Netflix use your IP address to determine your location (ie I live in Thailand, so without using a VPN the amount of content available is more limited than other countries)
Makes sense, though i wanted to make sure since Netflix Japan apparently has simulcast and what not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on