If i put in wiikey 1.3 config disc after 1.9g

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by slickric33, Nov 10, 2007.

1. slickric33
    OP

slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    and 1.9b didnt flash . ( im assuming its a clone now) can this screw up the clone or will it not even recognize it. if it does and i change to region free does it mean i have a legit wiikey and would 1.9g work now . also can clones be updated w/ wiikey software or are they non upgradable

2. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    some clones cannot be upgraded, not sure what you mean with the rest.
    the G flashes -> great. If it doesn't -> blad clone.

3. slickric33
    OP

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    im trying to find out if i have a clone or not . I was going to try 1.3 config disc to see if it even recognizes it, since it wouldnt flash 1.9g or 1.9b. im just scared i could screw up the clone and no games will play.

4. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    nah config disc shouldn't screw it up.. but if it didn't flash B or G you probably have a clone. The discs booted but you got a check your connections error? or did the discs not boot?
    if they didn't boot there's hope ;p

5. slickric33
    OP

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    they booted check connections error. does this mean clone not upgradable at all

6. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    yup :/

7. Lazycus

Lazycus Rotten

Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    Bullshit. If it is a true clone it will update just fine. The probable cause is a bad install or bad burns of the update disc. Did you try any config disc at all?

8. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    its not a true clone though, most clones use cheaper parts to reduce production costs

9. Lazycus

Lazycus Rotten

Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    By true clone I mean an ATMEGA8L chip. As for cheaper parts, please look at your Wiikey and tell me what parts are cheaper? It's a chip, two capacitors, and a resistor.

10. slickric33
    OP

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    im burning 1.3 config now then what ,so i put in and what should i change , with settings to make 1.9g work . if it allows
    me to change anything what should i change andwill this confirm its a wiikey. im burning dvd-r. I read somewhere to use dvd rw
    is this true ? Im using sony and maxell s w/ imgburn and nero. Any other burning ideas? Of course i also read if i try to update clone w/ wii 3.1 i will brick wii so im scared the kids would kill me hheellpp

11. slickric33
    OP

Dec 20, 2003
    United States
    it doesnt even read 1.3 what the heck is next

12. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    dvd-r is fine.. what error does 1.3 give?
    And lazycus it doesn't have to be a proper clone >< there is a possibility it's a crappy clone that cannot upgrade at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice